Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior - Next Brighton manager?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a bizarre suggestion, what exactly has he done that makes him any more likely to get the job than me? :wink:

I don’t want the job btw, I’m more precious than HWT, all you booers would get me down :lolol:
I doubt it. Just teeing up my replacement for the lovely Amanda.

1685300097850.png

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Our short list is ever evolving. It’s far too early for Rosenior currently and even next year.

The likelihood is that our current list consists of:

Arne Slot
Imanol Alguacil
Ruben Amorim
Xabi Alonso
Eder Sarabia

Wilfried Nancy was one I found a couple of weeks back, plays De Zerbi style, players love him, and we can sing "one nil to the Nancy boys" again!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Wilfried Nancy was one I found a couple of weeks back, plays De Zerbi style, players love him, and we can sing "one nil to the Nancy boys" again!
The thing that puts me off him is that he’s only coached in the MLS. The ones that have taken that route straight to the Prem so far have failed.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Why? It's an absolute certainty the De Zerbi will leave at some time. It's only the 'when' that is an unknown.
Thats not what the OP said though. I fully expect him to move on at some stage, but I cant say with certainty, like the OP has said, that it would be if we dont get European football next year.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
More to the point, is there anyone, apart from Souness and the failed Spurs bloke, who have said they DON'T rate RDZ? :lol:

Liam Rosenoir is well loved here for very good reason, but the OP is putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 487 it seems.
There’s a big difference between rating a manager and understanding and applying his unique principles in a current managerial position.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
We knew well in advance that Cac and Mac were leaving so we have/are making plans.We also know that prob we have De Zerbi for maybe just one year so I assume we are already tracking other managers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hull now sitting in the play offs after winning at Saints last night, great to see Liam doing well but you always had the feeling he would.
Not sure how our old mate AC is getting on though...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hull now sitting in the play offs after winning at Saints last night, great to see Liam doing well but you always had the feeling he would.
He had been doing ok. He's their joint top scorer with 8 goals this season in 25 games (pretty even mixture of starts and coming on from the bench) but he picked up an injury in January against Norwich, missed a couple of games and has been on the bench for them since, with just one 20 min appearance in the last 4 games.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He had been doing ok. He's there joint top scorer with 8 goals this season in 25 games (pretty even mixture of starts and coming on from the bench) but he picked up an injury in January against Norwich, missed a couple of games and has been on the bench for them since, with just one 20 min appearance in the last 4 games.
Hull have Fabio Carvalho on loan from Liverpool, who is starting every game, which will limit Connolly's minutes for the foreseeable.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But It's great to see Liam Rosenior, a hero of our club, doing so well. Whether or not we have any sort of conversation about whether he would one day come back to us, I just think it's great to see a good bloke, from a good football family with strong Albion links, getting good results, playing good football in the Championship

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
But It's great to see Liam Rosenior, a hero of our club, doing so well. Whether or not we have any sort of conversation about whether he would one day come back to us, I just think it's great to see a good bloke, from a good football family with strong Albion links, getting good results, playing good football in the Championship
Yes, fully agree. He could well have a bright future as a manager , and you never know . . .

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, fully agree. He could well have a bright future as a manager , and you never know . . .
He's already got a decent start for his CV.

Taken a side playing dismal football for years on end in front of dismal gates at the wrong end of the Championship to being in the play off mix with little spent on transfers. He's also won plaudits for his brand of football. He has also got a notorious grumpy and unfocussed striker, playing and scoring goals. Plenty of others have failed to get performances out of Connolly.

He'll be on plenty of watchlists already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here