Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior - Next Brighton manager?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
If LR had never played for us his name would never be mentioned and it should stay that way for a few seasons. He may be a super manger one day although that day is not now for a top half PL side.
Spot on. I hope he does well for another 3 or so seasons then he might be ready but we will be looking to develop from where we are and Liam (I do love the guy just to be clear) isn't at that level yet. Amorim or Slot are the levels we should be looking at.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If LR had never played for us his name would never be mentioned and it should stay that way for a few seasons. He may be a super manger one day although that day is not now for a top half PL side.

Spot on. I hope he does well for another 3 or so seasons then he might be ready but we will be looking to develop from where we are and Liam (I do love the guy just to be clear) isn't at that level yet. Amorim or Slot are the levels we should be looking at.
I don't think that's right at all. He's overachieving with the squad available to him and doing so by playing good football. I'm sure he's earning his spot on our monitoring list and while I agree it would be a massive gamble to get him in to replace RDZ before he's had a crack at a higher level, I don't think that being a former player has anything to do with why he would be monitored. It's why he's mentioned on here, but I would assume he's being tracked along with a dozen or 4 others. What he's doing at Hull is really impressive but I would guess he's behind Gary O'Neil in the list because O'Neil is overperforming in the Premier League with a club that, let's face it, most people thought were doomed when he was appointed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Not so sure about your first point. If he gets Hull to the play offs, he would deserve to be in the conversation, if we were looking.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Liam will have taken Hull City close to the play-off's, as Graham Potter did with Swansea, come the last game of the regular season, this weekend. In fact, there's still a small chance of them making the top six, if West Brom buckle.

IF Roberto and Brighton do part ways this month, Rosenior will no doubt be under consideration to replace De Zerbi. Among other options.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Liam will have taken Hull City close to the play-off's, as Graham Potter did with Swansea, come the last game of the regular season, this weekend. In fact, there's still a small chance of them making the top six, if West Brom buckle.

IF Roberto and Brighton do part ways this month, Rosenior will no doubt be under consideration to replace De Zerbi. Among other options.
What I think will happen and what I want to happen is that RDZ will stay around for the summer and all of next season should things go well (other threads are available for discussion on this) and Rosenior will get another season to carry on fielding an attractive side, punching above their weight with a limited budget.

With another year of experience under his belt, if he carries on with this progress, he will be a genuine contender for a top level job and I hope when the Albion vacancy does come up we make a move to give Liam the job.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
"will get another season to carry on fielding an attractive side, punching above their weight with a limited budget."
Looks like you're referring to RDZ ?

Jimmy Grimble

From what I’ve read, Hull fans don’t exactly think Rosenior is the messiah. Some think with the players they’ve got they really should’ve made the play offs.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hmmm big jump to Prem from outside the Champ play offs. Love Liam, one day would have him here, but think he needs to do a bit more before he gets a top league job.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

The Swansea side was largely a bunch of kids that Potter got performing above their means. Rosenior has been backed a lot at Hull.

He might be a good manager one day, but he’s streets behind Potter currently.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The Swansea side was largely a bunch of kids that Potter got performing above their means. Rosenior has been backed a lot at Hull.

He might be a good manager one day, but he’s streets behind Potter currently.
He'd managed his Swedish team in the Europa League as well. De Zerbi had managed in Italy and Ukraine before he came here. I can't see us appointing somebody who's just done a decent/good job in the Championship, whoever they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here