Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Ridgewell on loan from Jan 2nd

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A perfect example:

No, no, no. According to almost all posters on NSC, creating an atmosphere is tinpot and cringy. My biggest annoyance with Albion fans is the complete non-acceptance of trying to create an atmosphere- Every new song, flag or suggestion to improve the atmosphere is shot down in flames. Shame, a real shame as the Amex experience could be so special.
Errrmmmm.......... I was J.O.K.I.N.G.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Before i can decide whether he is up to Championship standard it would be useful to know how long he has been playing in the USA and how does his club equate with our leagues

Are you being serious?!? The fellas played more than half his career in the Premier League, I think he will be ok....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Has he been training with us for some time does anyone know or has he just joined up?
Good question. The official site said he'll start training immediately, which suggests he hasn't trained with us yet. It appears that he played his final game for Portland on December 6th then flew to London on the 9th. Hopefully he wasn't too indulgent over Christmas, and will be available to play straight away when his clearance comes through.

:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you being serious?!? The fellas played more than half his career in the Premier League, I think he will be ok....

I've asked a friend, who is a West Brom fan, what he was like with them.

Mmm not a bad defender prone to the odd mistake decent at getting forward and puts in a decent cross

Sounds like he'll fit in well with our defence.

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
As someone who currently lives in Portland, this makes me happy. IMO, the MLS has improved dramatically in recent years - and especially in places like Portland and Seattle, this has translated into virtually all games selling out... which has definitely led to an excellent home atmosphere in the (mostly mediocre) stadia.

Portland's team has been getting steadily better, and in Ridgewell they've found the leader they've been so obviously lacking in recent years.

Standards-wise.. the MLS is a very wide league. There are a couple of teams that'd probably do OK in the lower reaches of the Premier League, most of the teams would be mid/low Championship, and the handful of stragglers would probably struggle in our League One.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope, let's sit in soulless silence instead as you wish,
Oh ffs! I don't want monastical silence - I'd love to hear AL-BEE-YON rolling down the terraces as it did at the Goldstone (on good days anyway!) Or songs. Or other loud enthusiasm.

It's just that attempts to engineer crowd participation haven't always gone all that well, so I ironically mentioned two of what are in my opinion the worst ever - vuvuzelas and clackers. However, if you're in favour of vuvuzelas and clackers - just count me out!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Oh ffs! I don't want monastical silence - I'd love to hear AL-BEE-YON rolling down the terraces as it did at the Goldstone (on good days anyway!) Or songs. Or other loud enthusiasm.

It's just that attempts to engineer crowd participation haven't always gone all that well, so I ironically mentioned two of what are in my opinion the worst ever - vuvuzelas and clackers. However, if you're in favour of vuvuzelas and clackers - just count me out!

Not at all but if you tried to use some of the ideas PTFC are using you would meet exactly the same opposition and classes as tinpot.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
A better version of Joel Lynch. Left-footed centre half who can reluctantly play at left-back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great signing, a real tonic after last night's disappointment.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Wonder what the ref would do if Bobby Z got a chain saw out to celebrate a goal as happens in the Portland Timbers derby video?

Booking for taking your shirt off so heaven knows what would happen for that sort of celebration!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here