Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Ridgewell on loan from Jan 2nd

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Great signing.

Left-back is always a difficult position to fill and to tempt a proven player back from the MLS is fantastic by the club.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Why would we want him for any longer, he can play on the 13th which means our next game is the 20th, one of our LB's should be back and the other well on the way.
I think both are as good as Ridgewell.

Before i can decide whether he is up to Championship standard it would be useful to know how long he has been playing in the USA and how does his club equate with our leagues

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Shame we couldn't have him until the end of Feb but was same agreement with Wigan last season (6 week loan deal), guessing the club are opitimistic Bong will be back by then.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd already discussed this with the club ahead of today (knowing about the Ridgewell announcement). We can register the transfer with the Football League on the 2nd, but then have to apply for International Clearance from FIFA on 4th January.

Yes, but you're still spoiling a bl**dy good moan!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good player, nice bit of business by the club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Glad the club managed to get this done. Portland looks brilliant too.

Jul 7, 2003
Our stewards couldn't cope with a beach ball in the Ipswich end last night. Can you imagine what panic would set in if people were passing huge chunks of timber around the stand.

As for the 'cheerleaders' getting their own little podium, it would never work here. As soon as they stood up, someone would be complaining that their view was being blocked and tell them to sit down again.

Joking apart, that does look like a great place to watch a game.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Before i can decide whether he is up to Championship standard it would be useful to know how long he has been playing in the USA and how does his club equate with our leagues

Well, 250 plus appearances in the premier league for three separate clubs and aged 31 would suggest he should easily settle in the championship. He has played two full seasons in the MLS so far. Most observations I've read suggest the standard in the MLS is improving year on year. Attendances grew by about 13% this season and the MLS is something like the 5th best attended league in the world now. So they seem to be going in the right direction,

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has he been training with us for some time does anyone know or has he just joined up?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It does - doesn't it?

I'll admit to being slightly envious of what they've got going on there, and I never thought I'd say that about football in the States.

This is well worth a watch for some more background if you have a spare 16 mins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBUNbJLHro

No, no, no. According to almost all posters on NSC, creating an atmosphere is tinpot and cringy. My biggest annoyance with Albion fans is the complete non-acceptance of trying to create an atmosphere- Every new song, flag or suggestion to improve the atmosphere is shot down in flames. Shame, a real shame as the Amex experience could be so special.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, no, no. According to almost all posters on NSC, creating an atmosphere is tinpot and cringy. My biggest annoyance with Albion fans is the complete non-acceptance of trying to create an atmosphere- Every new song, flag or suggestion to improve the atmosphere is shot down in flames. Shame, a real shame as the Amex experience could be so special.

OK. Vuvuzelas for the Wolves match it is!

With clackers..................

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
OK. Vuvuzelas for the Wolves match it is!

With clackers..................

A perfect example:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here