Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Brady leaving Arsenal in 2014

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pre-signed a deal with us to run the new academy...?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Perhaps he really liked what he saw on Saturday?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Doesn't he live in Hove? What a statement of intent that would be with the new training academy.

With the size of the planned operation, there would definitely be a role for him, perhaps as part of the setup / establishment phase - his experience at Arsenal would be invaluable.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Didn't have a health scare while he was Republic of Ireland's assistant a few years back. I image he'll be wanting to put his feet up. He's had quite a career. Does a fair amount of punditry on RTE alongside 'the mouth' Eamon Dunphy. Would be good if the Albion could tap into his plethora of knowledge in some way.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Liam Brady will always be a legend to Brighton fans for what he did for us.

I keep reading what a great job he did at Arsenal and that it is the end of an era but genuine question, how much success has he had there bringing players through in the past few years? I thought most of the players they brought through had been brought in from other academys/clubs? Ashley Cole just, Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs are the only top players I can think of that they had from the beginning during his time. Players like Fabregas, Theo, Jenkinson, Ox-Chamb, Ramsey etc were all bought in. Lansbury and Bentley were highly regarded at youth level but havent really developed. Sidwell has done ok.

As I say, he is a Brighton legend and it would make sense in many ways coming to us but is he being over rated for his youth record at Arsenal? I might be wrong but I cant see that Arsenal have brought through many more top players since 1996 than top clubs such as United, City, Liverpool, Everton or even clubs like Southampton.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Graham Barrett, Gavin Hoyte, Joe O'Ceauruill (sp).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liam Brady will always be a legend to Brighton fans for what he did for us.

I keep reading what a great job he did at Arsenal and that it is the end of an era but genuine question, how much success has he had there bringing players through in the past few years? I thought most of the players they brought through had been brought in from other academys/clubs? Ashley Cole just, Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs are the only top players I can think of that they had from the beginning during his time. Players like Fabregas, Theo, Jenkinson, Ox-Chamb, Ramsey etc were all bought in. Lansbury and Bentley were highly regarded at youth level but havent really developed. Sidwell has done ok.

As I say, he is a Brighton legend and it would make sense in many ways coming to us but is he being over rated for his youth record at Arsenal? I might be wrong but I cant see that Arsenal have brought through many more top players since 1996 than top clubs such as United, City, Liverpool, Everton or even clubs like Southampton.

Agreed. For what it must cost, the Arsenal Academy has not been that successful.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Graham Barrett, Gavin Hoyte, Joe O'Ceauruill (sp).

Dear god they were awful. Mind you Joe O was a "right back" who was about 6' 5" and never looked comfortable. Hoyte and Barrett were utter pants though. We've had some abysmal loanees from Prem clubs in the past. It just shows that Prem clubs sign up such vast volumes of players on the possibility that they may be decent. It means that 99% are utter tosh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here