Lewis Hamilton turned away from Wimbledon.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I couldn't think of anything duller than going to Wimbers but they only go to get seen on the telly don't they.
Beckham, one hell of a footballer but that's as far as his appeal goes for me. Being endlessly photographed walking through airports with your wife and kids doesn't a great man make in my opinion. Seems like a very nice man but pretty ****ing dull.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

If forced to pick I'd choose F1, it's dull but at least there's loud noise, atmosphere, smoking hot pit girls bobbling about, things going on around the race. Wimbledon is just sitting in the searing heat watching overpriviliged posho's playing a really boring sport while surrounded by the kind of ***** who think standing up and sitting down at The Last Night Of The Proms and drinking a Pimms before noon is akin to the Caligula in the temple of Bacchus.

it's be like choosing which one of my arms to thrust into the whirring blades of a straw thresher .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The weirdest part of this story, is how a multi-millionaire can't get a shirt, tie and jacket sorted within an hour? I reckon I could have probably sorted a shirt / tie / jacket combo from the Wimbledon shop, or jumped in a cab to Wimbledon High Street, got the gear and probably got back before the end of the first set.

You'd think that even if a Formula One driver couldn't get hold of a tie at short notice, he could at least have improvised with a set of jump leads round his neck. The officials would probably have let him in, on condition that he didn't try and start anything.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
If forced to pick I'd choose F1, it's dull but at least there's loud noise, atmosphere, smoking hot pit girls bobbling about, things going on around the race. Wimbledon is just sitting in the searing heat watching overpriviliged posho's playing a really boring sport while surrounded by the kind of ***** who think standing up and sitting down at The Last Night Of The Proms and drinking a Pimms before noon is akin to the Caligula in the temple of Bacchus.

it's be like choosing which one of my arms to thrust into the whirring blades of a straw thresher .

Speaking from experience, I can assume...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Either you are one confused poster, or you are suggesting someone with £19m doesn't have any money?

I am suggesting that even £19m doesnt put him in the wealthy privileged class he still asks all his old managers to enter the ballot and if succesful he pays for the ticket and gives us a financial reward.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah because no other man has ever been unfaithful, ever.

And I'm sure you know what was going on in his marriage to be able to judge him like that.

He wears a tie when it matters Simster.......I retract everything, and if you're going to enter the confessional box this is neither the time nor place.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Quite - Tells you all you need to know about how stuffy Wimbledon is, ditto Lords etc...... Cliché but true, Tennis is the sport for people who don't like sport

Well, while not really approving of snobbery I guess that the LTA and MCC do that stuff to hold themselves above other venues.
And I guess at least with Wimbledon, and probably with Lords, it works. There are a number of premier tennis and cricket tournaments around the World, none of which, rather like St Andrews (golf) hold that same 'Je sais quoi'.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Definitely agree Wimbledon you see the action 100% of time F1 you see the cars go past each lap with mostly the best Cars at the front. Even on telly when you see whole lap these days it is just one big yawn.

And comparing Hamilton to Federer or Djokovic as a sportsman...A good driver with a superb car..A tennis raquet is just a tennis raquet,It`s the man wielding it that is superb .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Delighted to see a dress code being enforced. I love it when people are asked to dress to a certain standard. Also love the fact that Wimbledon sticks to its all white clothing rule. Long may it continue. It's what makes it beautifully unique and British.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Delighted to see a dress code being enforced. I love it when people are asked to dress to a certain standard. Also love the fact that Wimbledon sticks to its all white clothing rule. Long may it continue. It's what makes it beautifully unique and British.

In many areas I'm anything but a traditionalist, but I couldn't agree with you more on this one. Long may it continue.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Strict dress codes are part of the British history for many big events including ascot etc etc...He was just being an arrogant **** or the idiot can't read properly???
I wish we had the clubbing strict dress codes back as think it's very good to be as smart as possible :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports