Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let’s Talk About Locadia

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
On multiple occasions the ball just bounced off him. Couldnt help thinking, looking at one of the close-up camera shots, that if he put in as much enthusiasm into football as he does laying on tattoo artists' tables he could have been a half decent player

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If Jurgen Locadia was purchased using an American Express credit card, surely there should be something under the refund protection T&C, where the Albion can submit a claim for damaged goods :shrug:

Sale of Goods Act 1979

On the understanding that the 'Goods' were footballing ability, I would use the 'not fit for purpose' clause. Although we are probably outside the guarantee period.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Fair play to Potter, it was nice of him to even up the match after Leeds decided to play with 10 players and Dan James. I wonder when the last time two players as technically rubbish at football played in the same Premier League match.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Loco a complete joke , why on earth he was a sub then actually brought on was baffling, shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team squad

The comical reaction from the crowd was very noticeable when he came on: a very audible mix of disbelief, laughter and frustration at the fact we'd more than likely forfeited any hope of scoring.

How on earth have we got to the point where we're bringing on a striker who has already failed once at the club and completely flunked at fecking fc cincinnati whilst still on our books before being brought back?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The comical reaction from the crowd was very noticeable when he came on: a very audible mix of disbelief!

Only bettered by Maupay's reaction when he looked over, realised he was coming off and then noticed who was replacing him.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Locadia looks like he's never seen a football before. I've seen guys stumble out of the pub after a long session with more coordination.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Mullery, our greatest manager so far, would have tried something different with his couple of subs. Perhaps, the least obvious but best option tonight would have been to have put on Duffy as Centre Forward. I absolutely believe that he would have done better than Locadia

Or stick Adam Webster up top and bring Shane on at the back to flood the box for any set pieces. We are a fabulous, technical side until we get near the box; we really are the equal of most sides outside the top 3 but singularly unable to ****ing pick up the banjo and smack the massive cow’s arse!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Awful footballer, an absolute joke of a player.

A few games in, most supporters realised he was pure comedy - no pace, he couldn’t head, awful first, second and third touches, no awareness of team-mates, lazy, couldn’t score for toffee.

Joining Graeme Smith, Gavin Hoyte and Akpom in the out of their depth club.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If Jurgen Locadia is the answer,

What the hell is the question?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Jurgen Locadia is the answer,

What the hell is the question?
Or:

Name a striker at a Premier League club who wouldn't look out of place playing in league 2?

Name a striker who cost millions of pounds despite even looking absolutely shit in his YouTube highlight reel?

As a professional footballer, who would you have to be replaced with as substitute in order to make you reconsider your choice of career?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I just can't imagine what Jurgen is doing in training to warrant place on the bench; Shane Duffy would have been a better sub up-front. I would have loved Jurgen to come on tonight and put himself about a bit and caused Leeds a few problems but to be honest he looked totally bemused by what was happening around him...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As if Maupays confidence isn't already shot to bits enough already, being binned off for a failed DJ will have done him the world of good I'm sure.

Baffling tbh. I admit I thought at the time "well...ok, maybe he'll play with his back to goal, we can give them a different problem in the closing stages". But no. I keep thinking surely he's got to have SOMETHING to justify his place on the bench, to actually take part in Premier League football. PREMIER LEAGUE !!

Unless Potter is making a very direct point at the board, there was literally no tacit reason to bring that mug on. I'd have more confidence in my recycling wheelybin popping one in than Locadia. Just stick it on the penalty spot and see if something bounces off it.

As [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] said - without doubt, pound for pound, comfortably the worst signing in our 120 year history.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd have more confidence in my recycling wheelybin popping one in than Locadia. Just stick it on the penalty spot and see if something bounces off it.

That just made me laugh out loud. :lolol:

I'm starting to actually think that was GP proving a point, too. Unless he came up with the best mash-up in the history of mash-ups and slipped the manager a copy midweek I really cannot see any reason why he justified perching his arse on the bench - never mind entering the field of play in a top-level football match!

Uncle Tony is not stupid. Graham Potter is not stupid. However, trotting Locadia onto the field of play was stupid. :glare:

Maybe it's two false-negatives making a false-positive, and Mr D.J. got lucky.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here