Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets hope these results don't keep papering over the cracks.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Well the way I saw it after we got a goal back we were well in the game and even getting on top and looking the more likely to score again, so swapping a midfielder for anther striker too early was only going to risk handing the balance of play back to Hull.

Wow. You really believe that?- how about getting Hull to worry about us going forward when we are LOSING IN A CUP GAME!!! its not up to Hull to take the game to us 2-1 up at home with 10 mins to go!!! of course we are looking more likely to score, Hull didn't need to score again.

But hey, lets take a chance in the 89th minute when the game REALLY OPENS UP

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I do thanks.

Do you really have to stick up for everything pro Albion? - try a balanced view for once, We may not agree about everything and I can accept that, however you seem to have a smart answer for everything and in your eyes the club can do no wrong? - really? your happy to continue bumbling along in 8th scoring 1 goal a game and watching some of the most dull football I have ever seen produced.

At least when we were shit in the 90's the players tried.. Football is becoming a shadow of its former self if your happy to keep accepting what is going on no questions asked.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Wow. You really believe that?- how about getting Hull to worry about us going forward when we are LOSING IN A CUP GAME!!! its not up to Hull to take the game to us 2-1 up at home with 10 mins to go!!! of course we are looking more likely to score, Hull didn't need to score again.

But hey, lets take a chance in the 89th minute when the game REALLY OPENS UP

As much as we didn't really play well tonight there wasn't that much between the teams at the business end of it, Hull had 3 on target that resulted in 2 goals, One a keeper error and the second a double deflection that could have been ruled out for offside and the third effort was a tame one straight a Brez. We had 2 on target and one that crashed off the bar.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
As much as we didn't really play well tonight there wasn't that much between the teams at the business end of it, Hull had 3 on target that resulted in 2 goals, One a keeper error and the second a double deflection that could have been ruled out for offside and the third effort was a tame one straight a Brez. We had 2 on target and one that crashed off the bar.

And we were still losing after we scored. Why then the second striker coming on in the 89th minute??
We could've hit the bar 10 times and we would still have been losing.
Does Garcias obsession with attacking football just mean that when are losing a game he WILL bring another striker but not until the 89th minute.
Sorry that was piss poor management and even you can't defend that.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Did you go on sat ?

i was there on sat, watching yet another obsessed attacking display where we scored 1 goal and for the 9th game in a row fail to score more than 1 goal. It was tremendous to watch us playing one up front and breaking forward with all that blistering pace and attacking flair we have. Ithroughlly enjoyed another rip roaring attack fest.

Just like tonight's game as well, where we busted our balls to support Ulloa up front on his own and looked so threatening from all over the pitch...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Do you really have to stick up for everything pro Albion? - try a balanced view for once, We may not agree about everything and I can accept that, however you seem to have a smart answer for everything and in your eyes the club can do no wrong? - really? your happy to continue bumbling along in 8th scoring 1 goal a game and watching some of the most dull football I have ever seen produced.

At least when we were shit in the 90's the players tried.. Football is becoming a shadow of its former self if your happy to keep accepting what is going on no questions asked.

If you really knew me you'd know I disagree with the club on a number of things but I don't spend my time putting it all up on the internet just to get a reaction, I come across as pro Albion because I enjoy where we are now and I don't believe we have a devine right to win every game and be promotion certainties. In my eyes we have 2 types of fans now, The here and now brigade and those that appreciate what we've got and where we're going with the patience to see it through.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

The difference is Hull didn't NEED to score, they were 2-1 up at HOME. All this "could have been ruled out for offside" and " we smashed the bar" is great.. WE LOST!! its about scoring goals to win games... Something which with Garcia's tactics we are not capable of doing.

We missed our chance at home by defending a 1 goal lead... GO AND GET A 2nd and finish the game off.. twice in 16 games have we scored 2! twice.... and one of them we lost. Can you really say we were in that game?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
If you really knew me you'd know I disagree with the club on a number of things but I don't spend my time putting it all up on the internet just to get a reaction, I come across as pro Albion because I enjoy where we are now and I don't believe we have a devine right to win every game and be promotion certainties. In my eyes we have 2 types of fans now, The here and now brigade and those that appreciate what we've got and where we're going with the patience to see it through.

I am not doing it for a reaction, I am not 12 years old. I have an opinion and I am prepared to voice it (and accept others) - We don't have 2 types of fans at all (to quote your comment earlier didn't you ask if someone had asked them all to be able to provide that answer?) Why does it matter how long people have supported the Albion. Under your rules, what category do I fit under. Been all over the country since 1995 watching thisteam. I am not here and now brigade neither a appreciate what we have. You can't stand still and just accept things the way they are... Its blatently obvious something needs to change. If it doesn't Ifear people will start voting with their feet and the AMEX will be half full every week. We need the here and now brigade as much as the eternal optimists...

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
What sort of person gloats when their team is losing? Clearly not a fan. Pathetic

hardly gloating, it was aimed at the people who absolutely ripped me apart for daring to say i thought we had a problem about our 1-0 performances and they were covering up our current flaws.

And I think I have been proved correct over the last few games.. Our inability to score 2 goals in a game is ridiculous, yet the glory "the club can do no wrong" types all continue to defend the club to the hilt

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
What sort of person gloats when their team is losing? Clearly not a fan. Pathetic

Don't think it's gloating.
After the slating he got before and ,as you put it pathetic,comments like "very small crack and thin paper" it's just putting it out there again.
Rightly so as far as I'm concerned because something's got to change.
Oh no I should've introduced myself I'm a troll/palace,QPR fan,JCL,newbie because I think the manger isn't actually any good.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
hardly gloating, it was aimed at the people who absolutely ripped me apart for daring to say i thought we had a problem about our 1-0 performances and they were covering up our current flaws.

And I think I have been proved correct over the last few games.. Our inability to score 2 goals in a game is ridiculous, yet the glory "the club can do no wrong" types all continue to defend the club to the hilt

No you were gloating as we were losing. You may have been right but it was a weird thread to put up when we'd just won. Alongside that, we've just lost to a former Premier League club (who have a much bigger budget than us) and a current Premier League club (who have a much bigger budget than us). Hardly rocket science, is it?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No you were gloating as we were losing. You may have been right but it was a weird thread to put up when we'd just won. Alongside that, we've just lost to a former Premier League club (who have a much bigger budget than us) and a current Premier League club (who have a much bigger budget than us). Hardly rocket science, is it?

And if we hadn't sat back and tried to defend a 1 goal lead last week and gone for a 2nd we would've beaten a current premier league club (who have got a bigger budget than us)
That's not rocket science either is it?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And if we hadn't sat back and tried to defend a 1 goal lead last week and gone for a 2nd we would've beaten a current premier league club (who have got a bigger budget than us)

Yes, we were clearly sitting back when Ulloa missed that chance at the end of the first half. Also, you lose you're argument when you remember that we were pushing for a second (when JFC almost got through) when they broke and scored their goal. So maybe we should have been more defensive.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yes, we were clearly sitting back when Ulloa missed that chance at the end of the first half. Also, you lose you're argument when you remember that we were pushing for a second (when JFC almost got through) when they broke and scored their goal. So maybe we should have been more defensive.

For the last 30 minutes we invited Hull to come at us.
At 1 point we had nobody in their half when we were breaking. That showed how much attacking intent we had.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

The title was LETS HOPE these results don't keep papering over the cracks. Why was it a weird thread to put up when we'd just won? IT WAS TOTALLY VINDICATED. People were saying things were fine because we won. Well all of a sudden I have been shown correct. The results WERE COVERING UP THE CRACKS. - It was correct when we won 1-0 as much as its correct when we lose 2-1 to an ex premier league side and a premier leagues side (on the reverse of this Do we therefore in the same context call Doncaster an Ex league 1 side that we beat 1-0 at home?)

Go back and read the abuse I got on this thread about having an opinion. I was told to "**** off and support QPR", "you must be Palace" an also called a "JCL". I still believe that my intial comments were correct, the results were covering up our in ability to score more than 1 goal in a game. This is totally on Garcia and his negatvie tactics. I accept you disagree with me, however in my opinion we are underacheiving this season if we miss the play offs. All teams get injuries, that isn't an excuse you can use. Its about how you adapt to these changes. Sadly I can't see Garcia adapting to anything until its too late. Bringing on a 2nd striker with 1 min to go in a cup game your losing just about summed it up for me...

Don't be silly

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I am not doing it for a reaction, I am not 12 years old. I have an opinion and I am prepared to voice it (and accept others) - We don't have 2 types of fans at all (to quote your comment earlier didn't you ask if someone had asked them all to be able to provide that answer?) Why does it matter how long people have supported the Albion. Under your rules, what category do I fit under. Been all over the country since 1995 watching thisteam. I am not here and now brigade neither a appreciate what we have. You can't stand still and just accept things the way they are... Its blatently obvious something needs to change. If it doesn't Ifear people will start voting with their feet and the AMEX will be half full every week. We need the here and now brigade as much as the eternal optimists...

The trouble with people like you is you ask all the questions but you never have the answers, We can all do that it's easy. Instead of being ready to moan when things go wrong why don't you give us some insight to what you think we should do in the next game? what formation should we play and what players? Not just what we should do but why we should do it taking into account the team we're playing and the players they've got. Going by the way you post you obviously know better than Oscar so please fill us all with your knowledge.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

BUT ULLOA MISSED!!!! AND WE LOST.....

The 2nd half last week against Hull and like many other games we just sat and sat and sat on a 1-0 lead. Luckily the teams we played were so incompetent they couldn't score.

This tactic doesn't work as has been shown in the last 2 games and the fact we have scored the least goals away from home in the league this season. (HENCE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here