Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets Get One Thing Straight

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm really indifferent to you guys - another club , don't hate you lot at all really

the one thing that REALLY pisses me off is how much Meridian cocksuck you guys , as if no other South Coast club exist ... but that isn't your fault I suppose :)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I dislike Pompey, but if I'm brutally honest I think it's probably because of jealousy. If it weren't for some people in our club's not too recent past who knows we could be where they are now?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Im only giving back what brighton give us. We know who we are etc. We may be in debt but so are most clubs. And there'll always be a buyer for our club, cos of the passionate fans etc. We're in debt, pretty big, but show me a club who isnt? It's all predicted etc.

We'll be fine, as will whu etc. We may struggle and go down one day if he goes but we'll be fine.

Etc.

Yes, there are many Premiership clubs with a large amount of 'sustainable' debt, but that is not a good yardstick. There will not always be a buyer or the right buyer for a club and they are not purchasing the team due to passionate fans. An investment opportunity is not born upon a bell and some tattoos.

What is predicted? :shrug:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I am sure their official website will tell you, if you are thinking of jumping ship.

Minus arsenal and a few more clubs..i'd rather support anyone than pompey, such a boring, boring, bad supported club.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am pretty neutral when it comes to Pompey, they certainly don't feature anywhere near my top five disliked clubs, most of the fans that I have met have been top blokes...yeah we have poked fun at each other but there was a sort of mutual respect that we followed our local teams rather than jumping on some passing bandwaggon or other...most were about the same age as me and had been following their team for about the same length of time, when we were both kicking about the lower reaches of the Football League*, so regardless of our respective achievements since then we can hardly be accused of supporting someone just because they were good.

*Historic note, in the mid 70's the Albion were in Division 3, I am pretty sure Pompey were in Division 4 at that time.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Careful. You will hurt the feelings of Top Cat.

But you must agree with me ?

"best fans in the world":thud:

3000 to portugal for your first EVER game in europe...on european soil.1000 to preston fa cup 5th round.:thud:

I dislike Pompey, but if I'm brutally honest I think it's probably because of jealousy. If it weren't for some people in our club's not too recent past who knows we could be where they are now?

PFC are a brilliantly suported club, not only vocally but numbers-wise. The city has a smaller population than Brighton & Hove, and their surrounding catchment area is also curtailed westwards whilst eastwards it's very rural apart from Chichester and Bognor. They have the same stadium problem as us; the city is built on a squarish island, with water on three sides, so spare land is limited. I don't dislike them despite being threatened by one of their fans once on the train back to Goring in the Seventies. Does anyone remember the pre-season friendly when they took over the North Stand ages before kick-off? I think that was the match when they sold out the club shop in the NE corner of blue & white plastic bowler hats!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
PFC are a brilliantly suported club, not only vocally but numbers-wise. The city has a smaller population than Brighton & Hove, and their surrounding catchment area is also curtailed westwards whilst eastwards it's very rural apart from Chichester and Bognor. They have the same stadium problem as us; the city is built on a squarish island, with water on three sides, so spare land is limited. I don't dislike them despite being threatened by one of their fans once on the train back to Goring in the Seventies. Does anyone remember the pre-season friendly when they took over the North Stand ages before kick-off? I think that was the match when they sold out the club shop in the NE corner of blue & white plastic bowler hats!

I've heard it all now

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Simple really and with all due respect I don't doubt that you're a decent bloke who loves PFC as much as I love the Albion but personally the reason I hate PFC is because they exist. Don't really know how else I can put it? Could go into the whole Hampshire inbreeding thing but don't suppose that would be helpful. If it helps I hate Palace more.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never had any feelings either way for Portsmouth. Strange thread.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Didn't B******i want us to ground-share with Pompey at one time?

Also, I remember hearing a rumour (no idea if there's any substance to it at all) that Mandaric came to us before he went to Portsmouth and Arch-hole/B******i and the other one told him to sod off, so he went for his back-up plan of Portsmouth. If true, interesting to wonder where the two clubs might be in relation to each other now if he'd got the club he wanted rather than having to settle for his reserve choice.

As I say though, I've no idea if there's any substance to that rumour at all.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I quite like Portsmouth and the Saints because they are south coast clubs and there are so few of them. Palace is the real rival. Ok so lots of money has been pumped into Portsmouth but isnt that we would like, knowing that today its the only way to compete? Yet despite having this money they have kept the atmosphere of a small town family club. Good luck to them... they are the only team I keep an eye out for in the premiership.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It's got nothing to do with the money. Coming from West Sussex they are a much more obvious local rival to me. On the occasions when we've played them I have always found a disproportionate amount of their fans to be obnoxious and violent (and no it's not just against us and Southampton). Sure I admire their passion and wish we could create the same atmosphere as Fratton but I still hate Pompey. In a way I HATE them more than Palace who I see as our number one rival, but I grew up with Pompey being a "bigger" club than us because they had a little bit of history and a couple of cups.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think it's possibly and age thing. I would wager that most Albion fans that say they hate Pompey are well into their 30's now.

I used to sort of dislike them way back when we were usually in the same division and played each other quite a bit. 99.9% chance of it kicking off all over the place. I remember loads of trouble down at Fratton Park some time in the late 70's. My brother got smacked round the head a few times by two blokes in pin stripe suits, bowler hats and carrying umbrellas which they used to hit him with:eek:

Nowadays however, I generally wish Pompey well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My uncle was stabbed in the head by a Portsmouth twat, he needed 25 stitches in the top of his head where the stanley knife had gone in...now that sort of thing can definately prejudice you against a football club and it's supporters. Pompey you are Scum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here