Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's destroy Cowell again!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was amusing the first time but doing this every year is pointless.

Not entirely. It gives a very wide airing to some absolute killer singles that may just influence the future course of music by introducing a whole new set of people to the very best bits of bands like Rage Against The Machine and Nirvana. These are fairly old tunes, remember, and immaculately chosen for the Xmas thing. It demonstrates that there is a very different route to creating music than relying on being judged by a panel of absolute no-marks and being validated by a brainless public vote for fifteen minutes of rubbish sub-Z-list 'fame'.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I agree with that sentiment, and I hate everything Cowell stands for, but I just think it's futile and I'm skeptical that it has actually changed much.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was amusing the first time but doing this every year is pointless. The charts are worthless anyway, it's full of rubbish music all year around. Leave the chart-loving X-Factor fans to have their fun over the Christmas number one while the rest of us just get on with enjoying whatever music we're actually into.

Having said that, I like Karl Pilkington and buying a single simply because the money goes to charity is no bad reason.

Got to say, this is exactly how I feel. I don't get angry about X-Factor because the charts are now irrelevant. Actually, I do quite well in avoiding it all as I don't tend to listen to radio stations that play that kind of music. The only music that gets me riled is auto-tune/vocoder R&B

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Got to say, this is exactly how I feel. I don't get angry about X-Factor because the charts are now irrelevant. Actually, I do quite well in avoiding it all as I don't tend to listen to radio stations that play that kind of music. The only music that gets me riled is auto-tune/vocoder R&B

Definitely. I'd say I'm quite open to and tolerant of most types of music but I really despise that stuff.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
If anything deserves the Xmas No1 it's this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does anyone actually pay any attention whatsoever to the charts any more ? As Cat would say, its deader than corduroy.

If anyone could tell me (without checking) what is the current number 1, I'd be seriously impressed.

No I wouldn't. I'd be saddened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here