Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's destroy Cowell again!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i'll be listening to traditional christmas songs lol..

Mel and Kim.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He hardly got 'destroyed' last time, did he?

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
I'm not a fan of the X Factor but nor do i care if the x factor winner gets xmas number 1. Surely campaigns such as this (and the RATM xmas no.1) are hypocritical. They're trying to stop an 'artificial' number one, but in the process are 'artificially' manufacturing an alternative number one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Possibly the only living person smugger than Simon Cowell is Ricky Gervais. So for that reason, I'm out.

'Smells Like Teen Spirit' at Number One on the other hand would be one of the best Xmas things ever.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Surely campaigns such as this (and the RATM xmas no.1) are hypocritical. They're trying to stop an 'artificial' number one, but in the process are 'artificially' manufacturing an alternative number one.

Exactly and frankly who gives a shit whats number one in the charts these days?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Having a charity record at No. 1 on Xmas Day is surely better than a bland X Factor artist?
2. Karl Pilkington is brilliant.
3. Simon Cowell is anything but destroyed.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yes, Simon Cowell will be totally destoyed by not getting Xmas number 1, but will probably be able to console himself with the 3 million singles it sells anyway

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
[yt]9QvWK4vpjY0[/yt]

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I very much doubt whether Simon Cowell gives two hoots if one of his acts gets another xmas No 1

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Whatever happens, Simon Cowell wins. I agree with [MENTION=16867]Finally Falmer[/MENTION] - this would just be an alternatively engineered artificial number 1. What these campaigns actually do is create a sales war that would not have happened otherwise. This will almost certainly result in the X Factor winner's single selling more copies, even if it does only go to number 2 in the charts.

As an example, my (musically-taste-challenged) girlfriend bought Joe McEldery's single the other year, simple because she didn't want Rage Against the Machine getting to number one.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Whatever happens, Simon Cowell wins. I agree with [MENTION=16867]Finally Falmer[/MENTION] - this would just be an alternatively engineered artificial number 1. What these campaigns actually do is create a sales war that would not have happened otherwise. This will almost certainly result in the X Factor winner's single selling more copies, even if it does only go to number 2 in the charts.

As an example, my (musically-taste-challenged) girlfriend bought Joe McEldery's single the other year, simple because she didn't want Rage Against the Machine getting to number one.

Spot on, just gives them a load of free publicity

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
It was amusing the first time but doing this every year is pointless. The charts are worthless anyway, it's full of rubbish music all year around. Leave the chart-loving X-Factor fans to have their fun over the Christmas number one while the rest of us just get on with enjoying whatever music we're actually into.

Having said that, I like Karl Pilkington and buying a single simply because the money goes to charity is no bad reason.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why would having one smug twat (Gervais) at Number 1 be any better than having another smug twat (Cowell) there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here