blinking trailer park boys GIF

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Poch said yesterday that they need to get rid of 7 or 8 first team players. Have they got rid of any yet?
Since yesterday? No don’t think so

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesn't really make.much sense. If they knew about our replacement they'd surely want him to stay available to us.
Also RDZ's hints have been about a "great' player who can come in and replace Moises. I reckon we have someone job ready. Not another 19 year old.
Makes a whole lot of sense (if true) - why wouldn't Chelsea want to get Caicedo's replacement now for £4 ir £5M rather than pay 10X or more as much in a year's time? I'm sure there's a lot the Albion made sure Paul Winstanley couldn't take with him, but we couldn't wipe his memory.

Shame about that - I'd have advocated a full lobotomy...........................

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Apart from being linked with Tyler Adams a few weeks ago, I can't think of another DM that we were being linked with? Overseas Chelsea fans are weird man!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
poster says "apparently replacement" and it's being accepted? if we had a replacement lined up i'm pretty certain we'd have signed them by now, or Caicedo isn't leaving.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Our Caicedo replacement is already at the club surely? That's the way we normally work.
Whilst I agree generally, that is generally the plan, RDZ has repeatedly said if Caicedo goes we need to be ready to bring in a planned target from outside the club. I am pretty certain he means this window.

He’s said it about three times now in pre-season.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What problem ? It’s highly amusing to watch :shrug:
It’s fun if taken for what it is - a bunch of morons screaming into the void. When people start getting genuinely angry (not you, generally) it becomes more trouble than it’s worth. Some right cretins on there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Winstanley knows our possible targets from when he was with us

It shouldn't be allowed for someone to sell a companies trade secrets

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Makes a whole lot of sense (if true) - why wouldn't Chelsea want to get Caicedo's replacement now for £4 ir £5M rather than pay 10X or more as much in a year's time? I'm sure there's a lot the Albion made sure Paul Winstanley couldn't take with him, but we couldn't wipe his memory.

Shame about that - I'd have advocated a full lobotomy...........................
Not really because they are loaning him out as he's not ready.

So A - he wasn't really our replacement. Just Chelsea Twitter fantasists imagining some sort of revenge.

And B - if he was (he's not) they still need Caicedo now and so (based on their own fantasy) have just bought the person we'd need to be available to feel comfortable selling him.

As a general point This, this idea that they are doing something clever and innovative and Brighton like just doesn't stand up.

They're just doing what they've always done. Hoovering up loads of kids (at high amounts - he's 30m not 4 or 5m) and having no thought out pathway to play them or develop them so just bang them out on loan until they fritter away or get lucky. It doesn't look any different to anything they've been doing for years. The trawler version of scooping up a load of kids and hoping you get some good ones or a return on your investment.

The only thing they are doing differently is selling their experienced players.

Brighton don't stockpile players, we have succession plans. It's a different thing. We also maintain a balance of youth and experience.

They've already bought Santos, Casadei, Chuekwemeke, and now this guy for centre mid. But don't want to play any of them and STILL want to pursue Caicedo. That ain't succession planning. It's dìckhead planning.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Let's just imagine he was the replacement we'd lined up.... Chelsea would have just messed up our replacement and torpedoed any hope of buying Caicedo.

What a blunder. Lol.
Indeed. As I pointed out to some Chelsea supporting duckhead on The Athletic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here