Leonardo Ulloa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shirley Shirley Shirley this issues should have been sorted out BEFORE the Jan window. I am afraid this smacks as gross incompetence,we wait.....and end up with nothing !!!!!!! We must be the worst club in country for signing a striker (Gus had to hypnotize CMS for Christ sake !!!)

bit strong but you would of thought it could of been sorted. Argus today says we are waiting to see if can get a spanish passport.

Know nothing of how it works over there but here you could probably sort that out at petty france London if paid 150 quid ish.

Would like to think the wheels were well in motion before now but reading the article does sound like things only begun yesterday.

I notice Poyet now saying could be this week / next week or 30th Jan.

All sounds pretty familiar to me. High risk if we are banking on this fella and although we had a great result on sat we have another 2 games at home where we havent been good. The need for this player is super urgent

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bring in a few Spanish commentators to improve the crowd noise.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He will sign in the next couple of days. The club wouldn't have released the story otherwise. He is eligible for a Spanish passport and like in the UK this can be fast tracked. Done deal.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He will sign in the next couple of days. The club wouldn't have released the story otherwise. He is eligible for a Spanish passport and like in the UK this can be fast tracked. Done deal.

I think you're probably right. I can't remember Gus freely admitting he is after a player before he's signed, it must be virtually a done deal.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Great, another player none of us have heard of but just seen clips of on YouTube and automatically assume he's brilliant only to turn out like Sandaza, Baz, Battipiedi etc..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Great, another player none of us have heard of but just seen clips of on YouTube and automatically assume he's brilliant only to turn out like Sandaza, Baz, Battipiedi etc..

He may be the key to getting the best out of CMS (If GP has this in mind). Its not this bloke shit or bust. Sounds like a bit of a unit so will be something we dont have and he may well turn into something decent.
Even if he is average , it is one more average option than we already have

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Hardly the same. Have you not seen Ulloa's record? Baz & Battipiedi were barely professional, Sandaza was an average SPL striker at best. Ulloa on the other hand is a proven goalscorer for more than five seasons at a level as high as the Spanish second tier!

Going to be yet another great Gus signing.

Just like Chris Holroyd? Lets be honest about it, the Spanish second tier isn't all that. He could turn out to be a mediocre league one striker.

He may be the key to getting the best out of CMS (If GP has this in mind). Its not this bloke shit or bust. Sounds like a bit of a unit so will be something we dont have and he may well turn into something decent.
Even if he is average , it is one more average option than we already have

Have faith, Gus knows what he's doing.

Billy Paynter.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

He scored against a full strength Real Madrid side in La Liga 2 seasons ago......

Hardly Baz or Battipiedi is he!!!!!!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
So because he scored against Real Madrid it makes him brilliant?! Right..

It shows the level he has played at. Baz and Battipiedi could only dream of playing in La Liga.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Lets be honest about it, the Spanish second tier isn't all that.

Really? What's the basis for your knowledge?

For example, have you been a season ticket holder at a Spanish 2nd Division side for the past seven years? Before that did you have decades worth of English 2nd and 3rd tier level dross to fall back upon?

Unlike anyone else on here, I suspect, I've actually seen this player live, and on television numerous times. Technically and physically he would be good enough for the Championship, no question about it. His suitabilty for the Premier League I would be a lot less sure about.

All signings are gambles, even players who have previously good records in England, let alone foreigners who maybe don't even speak English. But don't fall under the illusion that Spanish 2nd Division sides aren't at least as good as their English counterparts. Some Spanish 2nd Division players have turned out in the Champions League this season already.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

You know that Michu bloke (rubbish) - he's played 1 season in the top flight of spanish football. The rest have been spent in the 2nd / 3rd tiers. It is not a shit league.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Really? What's the basis for your knowledge?

For example, have you been a season ticket holder at a Spanish 2nd Division side for the past seven years? Before that did you have decades worth of English 2nd and 3rd tier level dross to fall back upon?

Unlike anyone else on here, I suspect, I've actually seen this player live, and on television numerous times. Technically and physically he would be good enough for the Championship, no question about it. His suitabilty for the Premier League I would be a lot less sure about.

All signings are gambles, even players who have previously good records in England, let alone foreigners who maybe don't even speak English. But don't fall under the illusion that Spanish 2nd Division sides aren't at least as good as their English counterparts. Some Spanish 2nd Division players have turned out in the Champions League this season already.

That's fair enough if you've seen him a fair bit rather than a few clips but I'd imagine the majority of people on here haven't and automatically saying he's going to be amazing.

He could turn out to be unreal or a complete flop but like you say, all signings are gambles.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Marc, Don't fight it, you can't win. I've been fighting it for ages but have now been bought to the error of my ways and have joined the good forces of NSC and left the dark side behind. It feels really good now and knowing people are on my side is like being born again. Don't fight it, come over and you'll feel at ease.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports