Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon best [signs on a half-year loan]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am judging on the way people I know view it. A run of good results and the bad SH times are behind us CH is the future as the latest results show. That is assuming a good run of results.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am judging on the way people I know view it. A run of good results and the bad SH times are behind us CH is the future as the latest results show. That is assuming a good run of results.

The club need to show more 'ambition' IMHO. Stop talking about it, with silly marketing strap lines. Start acting as if they actually have ambition to move up the league. I'll always go, no doubt you will to, but the butterflies have already flitted away, and that trend will continue unless the club splash the cash on some players that excite.

There's Kaz, there's errr... no other players that excite in our squad.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A lot of negative comments on the thread..and i can see where people are coming from ...but sometimes when a player changes club things 'click' ..personally i'll reserve judgement until the lads played a reasonable amount of games.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A lot of negative comments on the thread..and i can see where people are coming from ...but sometimes when a player changes club things 'click' ..personally i'll reserve judgement until the lads played a reasonable amount of games.

I'm certainly NOT going to boo his name but, really, does this signing (if it happens) excite you? Is he the man to drag us away from the relegation zone? His scoring record suggests otherwise, doesn't it?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
15 appearances for free scoring Derby this season and 0 goals. If this is our answer to our attacking problems we are in deeper trouble than I thought.

Burke IN!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Under DK, we at least aimed high....

Like when we signed Johnny Dixon, Gifton Noel-Williams, Graham Barrett and Sam Williams, you mean?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe- crosses fingers- the Hughton connection will work for us. Clearly he feels he knows the bloke well enough to get something out of him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His record at Newcastle, presumably under CH, was not too shabby 10 goals in 42 games, not brilliant but better than our current tally by a striker at this level.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We should be aggressively pursuing Chris Wood. 5th choice striker at Leicester, previously did fairly well with us, fit the exact mould of the striker we need, young and still improving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here