Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lenihan to Hull City

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I must be missing something - Hull is on the East coast. Not very convenient for Ireland.

Or was our friend from Hull teasing us do you think?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Not too far to the "Ferry"....He could have flown home by the time he gets anywhere in one of those...
Is that one of the plus points?

Bizarre comment by the Hull fan. Nearest direct flight to Cork is Manchester. Holyhead is a 4 hour drive and a further 3 hours to Cork on the other side.

Gatwick daily direct flight to Cork 1hr 25.

PG

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
There's no way there's a direct ferry from Hull to Dublin. From Liverpool, maybe, but it would take about a week to sail right round the English (or Scottish) coastline.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Bizarre comment by the Hull fan. Nearest direct flight to Cork is Manchester. Holyhead is a 4 hour drive and a further 3 hours to Cork on the other side.

Gatwick daily direct flight to Cork 1hr 25.

PG

Get on the phone to his agent quick! He may have been duped

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I think there might be a direct fish trawler from Cork to Hull (or is it Grimsby?) which serves Beamish....Could be the deciding factor for an ambitious young footballer....

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
Have the club still got that Helicopter they used for the FA cup final? If so surely they could just pick him up from his house and winch him onto the training ground every morning.

Last edited:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
The Hull Daily Mail think he's about to sign

CORK defender Brian Lenihan is preparing to complete his transfer to Hull City in the next 24 hours.

Lenihan is believed to have underwent a medical at the Tigers yesterday after choosing the Premier League side ahead of Brighton.

Steve Bruce's recruitment team view Lenihan as a good long-term option and Cork will net a deal that will rise to in the region of €200,000 in addition to a sell-on clause, according to the Independent.

The 20-year-old agonised over his options this week after spending time in Brighton, but the top-flight operation made a strong play to secure his signature.

Lenihan will join with a substantial Irish contingent that includes former Cork City player David Meyler.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A person who would choose to live in Hull over Brighton does not deserve an 8 page thread! Put him in a straight jacket!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's strange because Cork were expecting a decision by close of play yesterday. If he's had the medical then what's the hold-up? He needs to get back into training and meet his new teammates. I'd be surprised if Hull haven't announced this by later this evening.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hull city fan in hostility.

I'd just like to point out a few things.

First, we may be a premier league club, but we're not a Manchester United hoarding every young player we can get our mits on. Joining a premier league club doesn't mean rotting in the reserves.

Second, we only have one proper right back, and a winger who can also play at full back. Whilst I don't expect him to really feature, if he signs he's probably got just as good a chance at playing here, specially with the added strain of the Europa league.

Third, we too have a nice flashy brand new academy and vastly improved our youth system. Sadly the improvements werent finalised in time to take review for this season, but it's all now of the standard of at least a cat 2 and next season it will have its status upgraded. We have spent a fair bit improving all that stuff last season and also on bringing in lots of very promising youngsters for a strong development squad.

Fourth, if he chooses us I think it will have little to do with our current premier league status, we could be a championship club next season and you could be a premier league club. More down to the fact we have a large Irish contingent here, one of whom is a Cork lad (Meyler) who is still very involved in stuff back at his home and with his hometown club. I believe that is our biggest pull for young Brian.

Fifth, premier league or not, I very much doubt the personal terms will be much different to whatever you've offered. We're not going to offer him £20k per week to go into our development squad. I don't think they'll be a factor.

I don't know how quick or easy it is to get to Ireland from Brighton, but it's not too far a drive to the ferry from Hull. That may make a difference to him.
As hostility goes that was pretty rubbish.

Do you want another go?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I worked there and on the Spurn Point coast for about 6 years on and off. We cancelled an end of June beach BBQ once because it was only 39 deg F. Hull was cold cold cold, beer was not very good. OK place though as it's only 1/2 hour by fast car and motorway until you get to Lincolnshire!

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here