Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lenihan to Hull City

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think Apocalypse Now was filmed in less time than this protracted transfer is taking to reach its conclusion.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
Linehan not mentioned on the first five pages of Hull's forum(didn't look any further) he gets a whole thread on here....who wants him more?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's up to Hull when to announce I suppose.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hope he's decided to sleep on it.

The Amex makes for much better dream material.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The fact that nothing has been announced makes me think that just perhaps we're still in with a chance

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-to-join-hulls-irish-contingent-30543142.html

In-demand Cork defender Brian Lenihan is preparing to complete his transfer to Hull City in the next 24 hours.

Lenihan is believed to have underwent a medical at Hull HQ yesterday after choosing the Premier League side ahead of Brighton.

Steve Bruce's recruitment team view Lenihan as a good long-term option and Cork will net a deal that will rise to in the region of €200,000 in addition to a sell-on clause.

The 20-year-old agonised over his options this week after spending time in Brighton, but the top-flight operation made a strong play to secure his signature.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
If Hull progress in the Europa League I suppose he might get some opportunities to play or fill the bench for the first team. Otherwise should have chosen Albion.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Seems like he has taken a day or two to think about it which can't be a bad thing. The Premier League option was always going to be difficult to turn down but we gave him an opportunity that was obviously very attractive too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I assume Burke's job will be back to being on the line if we don't sign him?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He's only 20 so should probably consider who is most likely to be playing at a higher level in a few years time and also who is more likely to give him minutes on the pitch

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I assume Burke's job will be back to being on the line if we don't sign him?
Just means Burke will start work now on the groundwork for signing a better right back next summer.

And time will tell if choosing Hull is the better option for him long term or not.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He hasn't actually signed yet has he? Misleading thread title?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Unbelievable how many posts on this guy. As I said previously a guy at work who knows him from school and played with him to the age of 17 said he wasn't all that.

Former cork season ticket holder also said he is very level headed and can see why clubs want him.

He's 20. Caskey has around 85 appearances by this age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here