Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Fans seem quite confident for Saturday

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
Always nice to have some intelligent and good natured comments on here from opposition fans so thanks for dropping in 1964Fox. Personally I have some concerns about Saturdays game just because we're on such a good run. Draw would do me nicely but a win would be brilliant. Hope we get a good game and look forward to welcoming you guys to the Amex next year...

Thank you, I usually view the forums for a few days prior to registering to find one that has genuine fans on. Can't see the point of coming on a forum and acting like a dick like some do, including my own club's fans. It gets you no where, I knew here would be ok once I saw your thread about about the Plymouth fans re-united game. Absolutely fantastic effort and considered attending myself but it's 225 miles away and have to go to Cardiff away the following day so would cost a fair bit as my wife and lad travel everywhere with me.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
When they visit, I wish them the very best of luck squeezing '3-4K' into just over 2,000 seats. Should make for an interesting spectacle!

Tough one, this. We're in the odd position of big-spending, high-crowds, high-profile-manager, big-name-players Leicester City likely to raise their game to play us. Weird. Personally, I'd take a point from this one if offered it.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Tough one, this. We're in the odd position of big-spending, high-crowds, high-profile-manager, big-name-players Leicester City likely to raise their game to play us. Weird. Personally, I'd take a point from this one if offered it.

True. If Leicester beat the team at the top of the league, then their previous poor performances can be excused as "a team needing time to gel". Could also kick start their season. We will need to be very very strong indeed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sadly there may be some basis for that opinion if one looks on other clubs forums in relation to what purports to have been said by Albion fans.

Much better to be a little reserved and surpise others and, more importantly, to not end up eating the proverbial humble pie.

It is great that we have started well but no way does it mean we are going to pass through the Championship like a doze of salts. After 5 or 6 games nothing can be taken for granted though, after this coming Saturday, I may personally feel more optimistic if we don't lose.

Usually it's kids on the other forums but i take your point. I also always have this feeling it'll go tits up next game - but i had it all last season so what do i know! I think it comes from yrs of experiencing us f'ing it up!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester have some of the most passionate supporters in the country. For what its worth I think Saturdays game will be an absolute belter, Leicester know already it's a game they really need to win and if they do it could kick start their season, we know the pressure is all on them and we can lay down a real marker with three points. Both are good footballing sides and in front of a full and passionate audience, this could be one of the great games of the Championship season.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
To be fair, they have some impressive away attendances...6k to Coventry, 1k to Bury (league cup on a Tuesday), but there's no need to be rude. If we take 2k that is a good effort considering the distance. I would doubt they would bring 4k to ours if they could. But hats off to all fans that travel away, regardless of how many.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, they have some impressive away attendances...6k to Coventry, 1k to Bury (league cup on a Tuesday), but there's no need to be rude. If we take 2k that is a good effort considering the distance. I would doubt they would bring 4k to ours if they could. But hats off to all fans that travel away, regardless of how many.
Leicester is right in the middle of the country - nowhere is very far away. That said, they probably would bring 4k here if they were playing like us, and could have the seats - primarily because it's a new ground for them and because of the seaside factor. The fact that the Albion play in Brighton always adds a fair few to the away attendance.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Yes, but Coventry is 25 miles from Leicester, basically a home game. Not knocking there away support but most teams in this league could take that many to a game half hours drive away, especially one with the best squad on paper in our league.

I think 2k is pretty good going, considering we took 1800 to Bristol last week (300 mile trip), and have Liverpool, Leeds and Palace coming up at home in the space of a few days.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
I dont want to sound arrogant but we do have decent away support (we seem to have a regular 1500 that go to most aways) and yes it does help we are in the middle of the country, our worst away trip is just under 200 miles. Didnt realise we will be limited to 2000 at your ground so I ill have to get my tickets on priority day 1. Please don't expect massive atmosphere at the KP unless you are going to create it, it's becoming like most new stadia mostly quiet but we do have our moments.
I would be amazed if we don't sell out our allocation at your place.
I love the comment that Chaventry (Cov) don't count, you are spot on about that.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Are we really getting a rep as 'cocky'? Heard it a couple of times now - maybe they want to look at the Saints forum...
There is abit of "Cockeyness" from some fans to be fair - I put it down to Euphoria at new stadium/new team/ great start and would say any other team would be the same.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I dont want to sound arrogant but we do have decent away support (we seem to have a regular 1500 that go to most aways) and yes it does help we are in the middle of the country, our worst away trip is just under 200 miles. Didnt realise we will be limited to 2000 at your ground so I ill have to get my tickets on priority day 1. Please don't expect massive atmosphere at the KP unless you are going to create it, it's becoming like most new stadia mostly quiet but we do have our moments.
I would be amazed if we don't sell out our allocation at your place.
I love the comment that Chaventry (Cov) don't count, you are spot on about that.

Your allocation will be nearer 2,500 but same ball park really.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
They all think cms is going to score and the only way to beat us is to out score us. Not one mention of Barnes, could be our secret weapon.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leicester away average following last season was 1876 and placed them 4th out of the football league teams. Plucky little Brighton whilst in league 1 were 9th overall with an average of 1396. Why on earth they would start suggesting that 2 - 2.5 k away fans is not good I have no idea.

We would all expect them to have a slightly larger following than us, but all this talk of 4k away fans is a load of cock. Their largest following all of last season was 3818, and was likely down the road at coventry or something. Ours was 3,300 at Saints I would imagine, which is what 90 minutes - 2 hours away for most of us. Some people really do spout a load of bollox. If they keep struggling , I would happily bet they do not even sell out at our place.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
They all think cms is going to score and the only way to beat us is to out score us. Not one mention of Barnes, could be our secret weapon.

Yes we do think CMS will score as you beat us to get him, seems to be a law that players have to score against their old clubs OR clubs that nearly bought them.
Watch out for Beckford though he is also bound to score due to the law about new players scoring on their home debut.

:lol:

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Leicester away average following last season was 1876 and placed them 4th out of the football league teams. Plucky little Brighton whilst in league 1 were 9th overall with an average of 1396. Why on earth they would start suggesting that 2 - 2.5 k away fans is not good I have no idea.

We would all expect them to have a slightly larger following than us, but all this talk of 4k away fans is a load of cock. Their largest following all of last season was 3818, and was likely down the road at coventry or something. Ours was 3,300 at Saints I would imagine, which is what 90 minutes - 2 hours away for most of us. Some people really do spout a load of bollox. If they keep struggling , I would happily bet they do not even sell out at our place.

You got a link to these stats or this your excel magic again? Be an interesting read

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here