Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought it was a game of two halves, your press and energy was impressive but Rodgers didn’t help by taking attackers off and leaving us 30 minutes to hang on

I think the shit team comment is unfair, we are missing Fofana, Evans, Castagne, Ricardo, Nididi, Vardy who all go straight into the first team plus the likes of iheanacho, we’re basically down to the bare bones

I think [MENTION=23440]Seagull58[/MENTION] was being tongue in cheek. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I hope I'm not :eek:

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought it was a game of two halves, your press and energy was impressive but Rodgers didn’t help by taking attackers off and leaving us 30 minutes to hang on

I think the shit team comment is unfair, we are missing Fofana, Evans, Castagne, Ricardo, Nididi, Vardy who all go straight into the first team plus the likes of iheanacho, we’re basically down to the bare bones

What are leicester ambitions this season?

Foxy

Jun 11, 2014
It was probably a good time for us to play Leicester, but we were also missing Duffy, Dunk*, Llallana*, Mwepu and Bissouma. Plus Lamptey's having to be nursed at the mo (hence only 30 mins). [*subs, but couldn't be risked]. Plus Leicester's resources are hugely greater than ours.

Just shows you how well Potter has done, I like him he’s building a really good side.

I was really impressed, you just need a bit more composure in front of goal, you had good options today but a lot of your players rather than playing a simple through ball was hitting hopeful shots from 20 yards.

As for us I don’t really know what Rodgers is doing anymore, tactics baffle us every game
, when he first came we was playing a high press with quick incisive passing it was great to watch, that’s stopped now, mostly start at the back now and play pissy passy across the back line

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

It was not a serious post but it was a poor quality first half from both teams with Leicester slightly better. Second half your boys got defensive and sat deep.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Message to [MENTION=23440]Seagull58[/MENTION] - very amusing post. I was a little saddened that you triggered a haul bigger than any ever trousered by [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]. That I said, I wasn't entirely certain till I saw your confirmation.

:shootself

:lolol:

Foxy

Jun 11, 2014
What are leicester ambitions this season?

Not a lot other than hopefully a decent cup run, we are going through a transition period, players like Vardy and Evans are not getting any younger and will need to be replaced, the last thing we need is Europa qualification, it s been a nightmare this season with so many players being out.

Foxy

Jun 11, 2014
It was not a serious post but it was a poor quality first half from both teams with Leicester slightly better. Second half your boys got defensive and sat deep.

This is what angers the home fans, we’re trying to protect a 1-0 lead at home for 30 minutes, soon as Welbeck came on Rodgers panicked, he over thinks to much for my liking.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is what angers the home fans, we’re trying to protect a 1-0 lead at home for 30 minutes, soon as Welbeck came on Rodgers panicked, he over thinks to much for my liking.
Rodgers went full Hughton when Lamptey & Welbeck came on, it rarely works did he do the same against Spurs?

D

Deleted member 2719

Not a lot other than hopefully a decent cup run, we are going through a transition period, players like Vardy and Evans are not getting any younger and will need to be replaced, the last thing we need is Europa qualification, it s been a nightmare this season with so many players being out.

Maybe, Rodgers is making this transition with your recent change in style of play also?
Palace are in transition too.
Burnley have failed to adapt and look like paying the price.
I just hope smug eddie doesnt get the cash rich Geordies out of jail.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got back home and am still buzzing. I thought the Albion were brilliant today, and exciting to watch Our interplay was unbelievable at times. Everyone did their bit today but Lamptey and Welbeck were game changers, and by the end Leicester (the home team, ex-champions of England and FA Cup holders!) were hanging on for a point - even feigning injury and hoofing the ball into touch during added time to run down the clock.

It was definitely a match of two halves. I noted at HT that the shot count for Leicester was 14 (with 5 on target) and we were 5(1) and they’d had 54% possession. The final stats were Leicester on 15(5) shots with the Albion on 14(5), with overall possession showing the Albion on 57%!

It was an incredible second half performance by the Albion and it shows how far we’ve come, not winning away and feeling a little aggrieved at not bagging all 3 points! With a few refinements (more clinical in the final third and not giving the ball away so often in our own half, which always shreds my nerves!) who knows what this team is capable of achieving?

They were a joy to watch today and the fans were superb, fully behind the team from when they came out for the pre-match warm-up session to applauding them off at the end.

A great day out and a thoroughly well deserved point, after a shaky end to the first half.

Just in, exactly my thoughts.

It’s an odd feeling these days, going a goal down and genuinely not being overly bothered because we’ll find a way back. Think the away crowd in general know it now too - brilliant support again today.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
For those who like reading such things, interesting discussion here between Leicester fans who think they should easily beat 'teams like Brighton' and others rightly pulling them up for their arrogance:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127752-leicester-1-1-brighton-post-match-thread/

This made me chuckle, I don't know why.

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-01-23T20-59-53.124Z.png

Edit: As already noted by [MENTION=36011]BN41Albion[/MENTION] I see.

I did chuckle at someone's response to that further on of 'since about 1900' :lolol:

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Never a pen in a million years and never a clear and obvious error in 10 million years. Ludicrous decision. Still funny.

Agreed having seen it again I agree it’s not a pen, Jota changes direction making contact with the keeper. As you say, still funny[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

That poster is trolling

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed the game today as first time at King Power stadium. There was some poor passing in the first half, which Leicester thankfully failed to capitalise on, but it all seemed to come together in the second half.
Once we went behind, it had the desired effect of increasing the effort and passing accuracy. Plus, the away support, didn't go quiet after their goal. If anything, we got louder. It certainly shut the Leicester fans up :D
I really thought we were going to get a winner, as we looked capable of scoring every time we got the ball. I don't know whether it's because Leicester were sitting back, or they just couldn't deal with the way we were attacking them?
I think we should use this "winter break" coming up to practise shooting from range and bring the accuracy down from Row Z to "anything below Row F" :D

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

35% of Brighton fans predicted a 1-1 draw, expecting Leicester to sit back and counter attack. So everything went as expected. Everton, Leeds and Newcastle showed that a deep defence is hard for the Albion to break down.

As Leicester once scored 9 against Southamptom. I expected caution at the beginning, and the team selection deemed that we would throw off the shackles in the second half.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Game of 2 halves

Last 15 minutes was total football from Albion yesterday, Leicester lucky to get their point in the end.

12 draws already, the PL record is only 17 under the 38 game system

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just shows you how well Potter has done, I like him he’s building a really good side.

I was really impressed, you just need a bit more composure in front of goal, you had good options today but a lot of your players rather than playing a simple through ball was hitting hopeful shots from 20 yards.

As for us I don’t really know what Rodgers is doing anymore, tactics baffle us every game
, when he first came we was playing a high press with quick incisive passing it was great to watch, that’s stopped now, mostly start at the back now and play pissy passy across the back line

There are so many comments on your foxes chat forum along these lines ie questioning Rogers for his 5-4-1 tactics and sitting back once you were 1-0 up. The thing is we hear it just about every week from opposition fans and it is most vociferous from the most entitled amongst PL fans. The worst was actually Everton. Many of their supporters just couldn’t process how good BHA actually are. Your fellow fans seem the same despite a few moderately polite disclaimers. I think it displays a lack of understanding of the game. Rogers saw it and you got a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here