Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If they really have offered £7 million then we would be crazy not to take it.

I don't agree. If Ulloa scores 30 goals next year in a fully fit season and helps us into the premier league then that is worth far more than £7 million, especially for a player with 2-3 years left on a contract. They also clearly feel he is up for the Premier League and so if we did go up and then sold him he would be worth far more!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
7m would be an amazing deal for us. 3 months over the summer would give our scouts plenty of time to replacement, and more, with a transfer kitty like that.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
must admit ld sell for 7 mill but id try and get some add ons say another 3 mill if they stay up!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I don't agree. If Ulloa scores 30 goals next year in a fully fit season and helps us into the premier league then that is worth far more than £7 million, especially for a player with 2-3 years left on a contract. They also clearly feel he is up for the Premier League and so if we did go up and then sold him he would be worth far more!

I just feel that £7mill added to whatever is already set aside for next season could really help us shape a new side. I don't want him to go but that's a LOT of money and I thinking he is the type to sulk if he doesn't get the move and we'll end up with an unhappy player and no doubt sell him for less at the end of the window than we could get at the beginning.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This boggles my mind. We're sat here now saying "I think we can get more than SEVEN MILLION POUNDS for our striker". Jesus, how times have changed eh...

But seriously, I think we should hold on to him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Quite. I would much rather have a player in the squad we know can score goals for us than 7m quid in the bank. We have already let barnes and Hoskins go.

I don't think I'd want a player in the squad who knows that we turned down a 7m bid for him to play in the premier league and double his salary.

We could buy 3 quality players with that money alone.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Maybe we can hold out for a few more quid, but we will find it hard to say no at this level of interest.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If they've genuinely offered £7m then he'll be off. Maybe for a tad more but he'll have to go. To keep him at the club at his age when a reasonable offer has been made will not do a great deal for his mood or commitment.

Don't want to sell him but at that price and above you've just got to accept it as a cost of failing to go up. Nothing to do with being a selling club, all to do with not being in the league that the players want to play in.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't think I'd want a player in the squad who knows that we turned down a 7m bid for him to play in the premier league and double his salary.

We could buy 3 quality players with that money alone.

We don't know that he wants to go yet. The club will be talking to him right now, I am sure. 3 quality players, yes, but will they score goals for us? Finally we have found someone who can and now people call for us to cash in on him. If his head has been turned then yes, I would agree with you, but we do not know if it has yet.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Good plan, let's start the season with one striker; that'll get us promoted. The trouble with selling him is that good strikers do not grow on trees. People say we cannot afford not to take the money, I say we cannot afford to let him do, not if we are serious about promotion. We should know that, look how long it took us to find him in the first place.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
If they've genuinely offered £7m then he'll be off. Maybe for a tad more but he'll have to go. To keep him at the club at his age when a reasonable offer has been made will not do a great deal for his mood or commitment.

Don't want to sell him but at that price and above you've just got to accept it as a cost of failing to go up. Nothing to do with being a selling club, all to do with not being in the league that the players want to play in.

It will very much depend on what our strategy for next season really is. If it is rebuilding with a view to making a serious challenge in two or three season's time then I can see the sense in selling, if it is to try for a top 6 finish again next season then we'd be mad to let him go.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Good plan, let's start the season with one striker; that'll get us promoted. The trouble with selling him is that good strikers do not grow on trees. People say we cannot afford not to take the money, I say we cannot afford to let him do, not if we are serious about promotion. We should know that, look how long it took us to find him in the first place.

It's not that I want him to go, but the player will be pissed off if we don't do a deal at a good price like £8m for example

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It will very much depend on what our strategy for next season really is. If it is rebuilding with a view to making a serious challenge in two or three season's time then I can see the sense in selling, if it to try again next season then we'd be mad to let him go.

I just don't see it as a choice. He'll know that we aren't going to really go for it next season as we won't/can't risk the club's well being on a gamble like that. In any case, why would he want to give it another season when he can get an immediate chance with Leicester, be played regularly and be paid shed loads of money? What if he picks up a bad injury like last year with us and misses his chance completely?

Would love him to feel that he wants to stay with us and that he would be happy for us to turn an offer like that down but just don't believe it.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Sorry disagree, not bothered about the PL. More interested in the club being financially secure and competitive in this league. Parachute payments and FFP are going to make it harder to challenge for the PL as clubs keep within a budget the clubs coming down are going to have millions to spend. Anyone of the 3 clubs coming down will have 60million plus, they could easily afford 15million to spend on transfers, we could not compete with that. I know people will say that the clubs coming down will have bigger wages to pay, however I think more clubs will have get out clauses for relegation, meaning they can cut their cloth accordingly straight away. FFP will eventually see the same clubs going up and down

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It will very much depend on what our strategy for next season really is. If it is rebuilding with a view to making a serious challenge in two or three season's time then I can see the sense in selling, if it is to try for a top 6 finish again next season then we'd be mad to let him go.

Like Burnley were mad for selling Austin for 4m last summer? Those bonkers northerners.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
It's not that I want him to go, but the player will be pissed off if we don't do a deal at a good price like £8m for example

I still think he needs to stay. I would say offer him an improved deal, but I don't think TB would. Ulloa is key to our season, unless we somehow have a massive influx of cheap quality players. Unfortunately I cannot see that happening.

scooter1

How soon is now?
With the announcement last night that Bloom and Barber are talking to potential managers this week, perhaps we'll have somebody in place by the end of next week. And they can then start their planned re-build. If that person thinks they can make better use of circa £7m, then I would expect Ulloa to be sold

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports