Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
For a permanently lardy, permanently isolated big bloke up front, I'd take the £3 million on offer. He's really not all that. Really.

Was he not the forward who got us into the Play-offs against Forest?

I want him to stay, but wonder if his heart is still in the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was he not the forward who got us into the Play-offs against Forest?

For sure. With CMS happily idiotically typically out on the far wing providing a killer cross. Not a partnership sustainable over the course of a season tho, I'd suggest. Needs a Barnes-alike fox in the box. We currently have no such creature on the books.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
For a permanently lardy, permanently isolated big bloke up front, I'd take the £3 million on offer. He's really not all that. Really.

He gets no support, is asked to do an almost impossible job, and gets the shit kicked out of him from start to finish in every single match. He's been plagued by injuries and yet his goal ratio is nearly 1 in 2. Your post is utter nonsense.

Ulloa is quality, the best striker we've had since Zamora. If he played in a side that actually gave him some service he would score an absolute hatful in this division.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He gets no support, is asked to do an almost impossible job, and gets the shit kicked out of him from start to finish in every single match. He's been plagued by injuries and yet his goal ratio is nearly 1 in 2. Your post is utter nonsense.

Ulloa is quality, the best striker we've had since Zamora. If he played in a side that actually gave him some service he would score an absolute hatful in this division.

:clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

As an effective striker, Leon Knight was better, Glenn Murray was better and Ashley Barnes was better. IMHO, like. Think Ulloa's, er, big-bonedness will always count against him. Might be wrong, tho probably not. To quote the old cliche, he's got the turning circle of the QEII.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don't remember him being plagued by injuries. I do remember he got a broken foot from a clumsy Sheff Wed player who deliberately stamped on him which was totally ignored by the east stand linesman.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Leon Knight was better than Leonardo Ulloa? Seriously?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Naming loads of players who lacked outstanding pace but shone in the PL may be a poor analogy in this case. They were either exceptional internationals, and/or great finishers of topflight class. Those mentioned in their prime, I suspect, had greater mobility and pace than Ulloa, but because they were surrounded by exceptional athletes, appeared slower than they were.

Ulloa, struggles for pace against Championship central defenders from the likes of Blackpool. He seems to spend games losing almost all aerial balls played up despite his height and bulk, and wastes energy whinging to the officials who then appear to distrust his later claims. Based on this, PL defenders would surely find him easy to defend against him.

Take Leicester's money, but only when we have worthy replacements ready to sign.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why do people always want to sell our best strikers?

How about we don't sell him and strengthen the squad so we have a shot at promotion. Selling our best players worked out really well for us this season didn't it.

This is football, not monopoly :facepalm:

Dec 3, 2012
Naming loads of players who lacked outstanding pace but shone in the PL may be a poor analogy in this case. They were either exceptional internationals, and/or great finishers of topflight class. Those mentioned in their prime, I suspect, had greater mobility and pace than Ulloa, but because they were surrounded by exceptional athletes, appeared slower than they were.

Ulloa, struggles for pace against Championship central defenders from the likes of Blackpool. He seems to spend games losing almost all aerial balls played up despite his height and bulk, and wastes energy whinging to the officials who then appear to distrust his later claims. Based on this, PL defenders would surely find him easy to defend against him.

Take Leicester's money, but only when we have worthy replacements ready to sign.

So what is he good at?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As a striker? For sure. As a big bloke up front for the ball to be hoofed to? Not so much.

Disagree. Scored goals over two seasons, the second of which was he half fit, BOTH of which were in the championship. Leo is a proven scorer at the level we currently play, and it would cost a lot of money to replace the goals he gives us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

You wanted to sell Murray before he had even hit the ground running. It was you that came up with 'one in ten Glenn' which didn't work on any sort of level. You now want to farm out our (18 month search) replacement for a loss?

What exactly do you want from our strikers?

Granted, Ulloa needs to stop crying wolf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here