Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legends Match and Brighton vs Charlton: (Un)Offical Thread

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Vulture, why do you profess your love for another man in your signature?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
WHAT? Hart instead of Cox? :ohmy:

hence the word pretty

my money would be on the two wide men being mcleod and cox, and im guessing virgo will be fitted in somewhere

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
even though I hate the idea of Hart & Mayo given extensions just because "its the loyal thing to do" I will give them time to prove me wrong and do well....they've got until Christmas!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Our undeaten run is over. Sack the manager!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
i just feel sorry for the guy - not only is he ginger but he is the most picked on player

Mayo has been a great servant to the club over the years and I have a lot of respect for him but he is now way past his best and will, I suspect, prove to be a liability this year. His lack of pace and poor range of passing really doesn't kit him out well for League 1 and it would have been a kindness to let him move to another club at an appropriate level rather than give him another year, which will simply lead him to believe that he is better than he really is.

I can't help thinking that, as a club, we are far too sentimental sometimes.

:(

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
and then crucify Mayo because we always lose when he plays.

We certainly lose more than we win and whether the Mayo lovers like it or not that is a FACT.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I am not a Mayo lover (even though I live in Holland), I even think it was a mistake bringing him back. I don't think he will play unless Richards is injured so lets pray that Richards stays fit.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am not a Mayo lover (even though I live in Holland), I even think it was a mistake bringing him back. I don't think he will play unless Richards is injured so lets pray that Richards stays fit.

Here, here.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

We certainly lose more than we win and whether the Mayo lovers like it or not that is a FACT.

Care to back that up because I seem to remember a few winning seasons where Mayo played quite regularly? Ignore the last season at The Goldstone and the 2 at Pissfilled because we could have replaced Mayo with a world class left back and we'd still have lost most games.

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
I know all the usual suspects will slate me, but sorry, I don't think ANYONE can argue who cost us that match. Absolutely pathetic defending, turned inside out time and again, and costing us a goal. How many more times?

Anyway, that debate's been done to death this week. Let's concentrate on the other players on show. Maybe it's just me, but I found that VERY concerning. Ok, it's only a friendly, and Charlton are a decent side in the league above us, but I think our glaring lack of creativity is something to worry about now. There was certainly nothing positive to be taken about any of our play ON the ball. Charlton could have stepped up and won be three of four quite easily. Defensively we're ok, but I'm worried Adams is placing too much emphasis on that. Our division is shit, and we need to pin teams back at Withdean. I just can't see we've got the players to do it. Currie wasn't perfect because of his age, but it looks more and more like he's exactly the TYPE of player we need.

I can say that i know of about 10 people mainly sth that haven't gone today because everything that has happened over the past few months - clearly Dean was liked more than some have given him credit for

I have not seen them play this season at all but what i have seen on seagulls world and feedback that i have heard from people does concern me.

This is why I have been concerned that we have kept and brought back too many players thay have been in the past or Mickys past

Still at the end of the day its not our heads that will be called for if it goes wrong - lets wait and see

Jimmy Grimble

The main difference between the two sides was fitness levels. Thomson and Livermore in particular didn't look sharp. Still, with 2 weeks left until the season starts, I'm sure they will be fit and raring to go against Crewe; likewise with Murray, he's not the type of player who will flourish in friendlies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here