Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left back needed...... ASAP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It appears that both were nearer recovery than was made known. I wonder if one of them could be at least on the bench to use if needed against Hull.
I suspect that Rosenior on the bench vs Cardiff is most likely.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Rosenior will be raring to go, he loved our win against Hull earlier in the season, I just fear the game may come a bit too soon for him given he only started training yesterday after a long lay off.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think that LR was an adequate stand in as left back but was not superb as you state. The rest is correct as right midfield he was superb.

This is obviously where we differ in opinion. He only played about five games but I thought he played really well. I'm not sure what you expected but we did really well with him in that position. He played left back for Hull in the FA Cup Final less than two years ago. I never understood the suggestion he wasn't a good enough left back for us!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It appears that both were nearer recovery than was made known. I wonder if one of them could be at least on the bench to use if needed against Hull.

Hughton said over a week ago...
""Gaetan and Liam will be quite close. I think they will be fairly close to coming into the game on the Saturday. (Cardiff)
“We won’t be too far away and we still have Calde who has come in and performed well for us in that position.
“Left-back is not one we are overly concerned about but there might just be that little gap.”
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/14251085.Calderon_in_line_for_another_left_back_call/

If you follow the dull updates each week via the pressers then you'd find it hard to argue that the club has been anything but straightforward and transparent about their progress. And fairly regular with updates. Even now Hughton is more confident but rightly hedging his bets given they've both had 3 month + lay offs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is obviously where we differ in opinion. He only played about five games but I thought he played really well. I'm not sure what you expected but we did really well with him in that position. He played left back for Hull in the FA Cup Final less than two years ago. I never understood the suggestion he wasn't a good enough left back for us!

Nobody ever said that he wasnt good enough. He wasnt up to the standard of Bong but the bjggest problem was that we lost him on the right of midfield and didnt have adequate defensive cover for him. This weakened the side overall and because he was right footed , as was Calderon Murphy suffered with lack of service. and in turn so did the strikers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How is that POSSIBLY a red card FFS?!
You don't want players vandalising stuff for their goal celebration, or we'll have kids all round the country emulating them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

For once I agree. Liam is the ideal player to have in your squad, to my mind he is an excellent full back, (either right or left), equally good at centre half, and of course can do a great job in midfield, (wide, or as a holding player). Not too much that he can't do in my opinion.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
For once I agree. Liam is the ideal player to have in your squad, to my mind he is an excellent full back, (either right or left), equally good at centre half, and of course can do a great job in midfield, (wide, or as a holding player). Not too much that he can't do in my opinion.

I'm a big LR fan, but I would have BIG reservations about him playing in the middle of our defense.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm a big LR fan, but I would have BIG reservations about him playing in the middle of our defense.

Well with a bit of luck and a following wind, we won't need to put it to the test. We are well served there with Greer, Dunk, Goldson, and when he returns, Huhnemaier.

Rosenior has played plenty of games as centre back at Hull though, and done a very good job there. I wouldn't have any qualms.

In some ways he is our modern day Adam E-Abd. Another utility player who could fit in fairly seamlessly in a number of positions. The only worry with that sort of player though, is that one sometimes wonders what their best position really is. Hence the phrase jack of all trades, master of none I suppose.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You don't want players vandalising stuff for their goal celebration, or we'll have kids all round the country emulating them.

Yellow will do - same as taking short off. I can't see how it's a red!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yellow will do - same as taking short off. I can't see how it's a red!
The yellow for shirts off is just for the sponsors isn't it, as they want photos to show the adverts? Maybe you're right, but it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The yellow for shirts off is just for the sponsors isn't it, as they want photos to show the adverts? Maybe you're right, but it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Haha yes. Funniest thing about it was it was a goal from 1 yard too :lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here