Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds vs Brighton - the Thread

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
garry nelsons left foot said:
First of the day...

Eddie Gray: The players will be disappointed. They should be beating teams like Brighton.

:) :clap2: :salute:
quotes like that really piss me off :censored: :tosser:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
quotes like that really piss me off :censored: :tosser:

Why? It's f***ing funny because they actually believe it....and they never learn:dunce:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Spicy said:
We were so close to the win but I suppose 3 goals help towards our goal difference in the longer term. I agree - I am disappointed as well.:(

How does that work in a 3-3 draw then?

66293child%20scratching%20head.gif

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
perseus said:
ALBION TEAM

28. Wayne Henderson

9. Gary Hart

14. Guy Butters

24. Paul McShane

2. Paul Reid

17. Sebastien Carole

11. Dean Hammond

12. Richard Carpenter

18. Albert Jarrett

21. Jake Robinson

7. Leon Knight

SUBS
6. Alexis Nicolas

10. Charlie Oatway

22. Colin Kazim-Richards

27. Gary Elphick

40. Florent Chaigneau (GK)
perseus said:
Haven't heard Mayo mentioned.
:shootself :jester: :tosser:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
May sign up, depends whether I can be bothered or not.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
garry nelsons left foot said:
First of the day...

Eddie Gray: The players will be disappointed. They should be beating teams like Brighton.

:) :clap2: :salute:

f***ing toss pot. How long till managers stop saying shite like this.

OK, pissed off we conceded in the last minute; but how many last 5 minuters did we score last seaspon? Law of averages,

If I'd ahve known it would end 3-3 when it was 2:55 this p.m. I'd have been well chuffed.

SEAAAGUUULLS

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bwian said:
How does that work in a 3-3 draw then?

66293child%20scratching%20head.gif

How come we moved above Coventry then? 3-3 is better than 0-0 any day. :shootself

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Relegation odds:

Millwall 9/10
Brighton 11/10
Crewe 7/5
Plymouth 2
Sheffield Wed 12/5
Burnley 19/5
Cardiff 4
Ipswich 4
Hull City 4
Stoke 9/2
Coventry 26/5
QPR 6

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hello Waccoe crew. Nice of you to drop in. Check out a decent site. :wave:

zego

Jul 10, 2003

"Jonathan Douglas scored a last minute equaliser to prevent Leeds from losing a game they dominated from start to finish. David Healy continued his golden streak with two goals but Brighton really made United pay for some slack finishing and equally slack defending."

I was there; the person who wrote this must have been on a different planet.

We made Leeds look very ordinary, and at times quite bewildered as to how to prevent another Brighton attack, or how to get the ball to any of their strikers.

Best game I've seen in years (the better Zamora years). I went expecting Leeds to win, only hoping to some class from the good new players added to the good old players in our team.

It's good to be back to being dissapointed at 'only' drawing away to a top end of table side. Leeds must be very very relieved to have nicked an injury time draw out of what was so nearly an ignominious defeat.

Looking forward to Burnley, maybe Leicester. Hope my heart rate is back to normal by then.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
i totally agree, the game was one of the best i have seen for a long time well worth the money getting up there

Amazing game - the quality of our football and passing was jaw-dropping at times.

But Leeds did put us under the cosh for spells and a draw was probably a fair result, despite the gutting nature of the last goal.

To score 3 against Leeds who haven't conceded for many games shows we can hurt most teams in this division.

Hard to say whether the 3 we conceded were down to our failings in not being able to take the sting out of games we are leading in, or just classy play by Leeds.

I guess we'll know more about both the attacking and defensive capabilities of our Time Bandit team on Tuesday - bring on the table-toppers :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Amazing game - the quality of our football and passing was jaw-dropping at times.

But Leeds did put us under the cosh for spells and a draw was probably a fair result, despite the gutting nature of the last goal.

To score 3 against Leeds who haven't conceded for many games shows we can hurt most teams in this division.

Hard to say whether the 3 we conceded were down to our failings in not being able to take the sting out of games we are leading in, or just classy play by Leeds.

I guess we'll know more about both the attacking and defensive capabilities of our Time Bandit team on Tuesday - bring on the table-toppers :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

As I said on the other thread this team has the look of a you score 3 were score 4 - its always going to be hard to defend set plays with that team - it showed yesterday.

LI do you think Mcghee should have made a change earlier? it looked like Leeds were getting back into it and that was the time for the change

Overall an encouraging performance. Ultimately disappointed with conceding an equaliser in injury time, but when it was 2-2 I definitely would have taken a point.

I think the important thing to take from yesterdays game was the fact that we have now gone three games without defeat. And that these results have been achieved with positive football. This is surely the most exciting football we have played in a long while. Not only that we have now played at three of the fancied sides in this division, Derby, Preston and Leeds and have yet to lose.

In each of those games we have withstood heavy pressure, but not buckled, and have still had the nous to put pressure on the home team. It is very encouraging to see our 'pint-sized' strike force causing problems for opposition defences with speed and flair. Not only is it more attractive to watch, it has also proved more effective. Long may it continue.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
With my critical hat on, we really should have won this game. To be in the final few seconds and then concede was poor. How many times over the years has an Albion side done that? I've seen us defend much better than yesterday. I didn't think it was Butter's finest hour. And I'd like to have another look at their goals...it looked like Henderson spilt at least one although to be fair, it was at the other end of the ground so diffcult to see. But the fact is we shoud have closed and killed the game off once we were back in the lead at 3-2 with just a few minutes remaining.

That said, they are a good side and will score a lot of goals this season. Their attacking options are incredible for this division. Blake and Cresswell came off the bench!

But on the positive side, we're beginning to look like a proper football team. We now have a shape which works and yesterday showed you can play 4 attacking players away from home even against a team who are probably going to be in the play offs. I've always belived that attack is the best form of defence in football and for the first time in years, we look like a side that can score goals.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here