Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Completely underwhelming team. No pace and no midfield. White out of position and Veltman attempting some kind of wide midfield cameo again?

I really hope Potter proves me wrong, starting today but it looks like he's lost the plot.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
I said I’d call back today, win lose or draw so thought I’d just give my pre match thoughts. Big loss not having KP today, he really is key to our game so hoping Struik can step up although he hasn’t in the past. Change of keeper too, Kiko is a liability so that is another worry today. Considering our weaknesses at set pieces and the size of your lads I’m sure that’s what the Brighton tactics will be so no silly set pieces given away. We should be at it after the FA Cup shambles last week so fancy we score a few but considering our absentees it could be any score line.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thinking about it, I wonder if we’re going to see a tactical switch at half time.

Contain in first half, than bring on Biss and Tau in second half, attacking switch to two up front against tired legs.

Nice idea but the problem is we'll be 2 or three goals down by half time so perhaps not such a good idea. Good ol Potty Potter. He never fails to disappoint. We can but hope that he's shown the door and soon. He's nothing but an expensive, novice manager who's become a complete liability. Let's hope he does the honourable thing and goes by the end of the month.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Glad I'm not the only one who did a WTF at that lineup :facepalm:

No pace, he's dropped our best player (biss) and our best LWB. I fear he's hanging Ali Mac out to dry with that midfield. Reckon we're back to OAP walking football

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
For someone I have met a few times and appear a nice bloke in real life you don’t half come across as a knob on here.

Wonder why

I think you’re getting me confused, as far as I know I haven’t met you in real life.

This thread has been the same all season, line up released, everyone moans and is negative before we’ve even kicked a ball, it’s bizarre. Like I said, name me a time you’ve been happy with the line up this season? The one game that sticks out to me is Sheffield U at home when there was almost unanimous agreement of a good line up and we were utterly awful.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

As mentioned, at least on Twitter, Leeds fans are not confident.. surprising for them.

I know Starry disagrees, but certainly what I see on social media is universal dismay from Leeds fans that Casilla is in goal.

[tweet]1350443842730938376[/tweet]

[tweet]1350443170883117057[/tweet]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I thought Biss wasn’t so great in the 2nd half vs Newport. Maybe giving him just a half is the idea. If Potter is giving him the chance to be the best player on the pitch for 45mins or so, it could be very entertaining.
He had a game off with his feet up playing fifa, you could possibly make an argument for Tau not starting but Biss??? Craziness

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well , i'm not sure what potter is trying to achieve with that line up , our best player of the season so far on the bench and apparently the best young cb in the country starting in midfield , it's been a long day on the lash , 9 holes lunch 18 holes boozer //// i'm off to bed confident we are just about to turn in the performance of the season and wipe the floor with the northern monkeys .......goodnight and god bless...:cheers: :kiss:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm sorry but if we're not picking players because we're resting them then that's utter hokey.

We have a cup game next week, and no PL game for 11 days. This is a winnable game for a team which has forgotten how to win. It should be full strength. Therefore we have to assume the dropping of players is tactical and as such entirely part of Potter's gameplan. Meaning he is responsible for it 100%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here