Leeds sack Hockaday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"Cellino says he had decided to sack Hockaday yesterday and was ready to do so until he spoke to Hockaday about half an hour ago. #lufc"

https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/503599989801902081

"We lost yesterday because of one shit mistake from Bellusci. I see that now. I didn't see it that way yesterday."

For more Cellino analysis...

https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.squawka.com%2Fnews%2Fleeds-confirm-hockaday-to-remain-manager%2F164371&tw_i=503599989801902081&tw_p=tweetembed

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Must be great to be a Leeds fan

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The guy is clearly totally Bodmin.
Take away the funny side of it and he really should not be allowed anywhere near a football club, there should be rules about this.
Playing games with peoples livelihoods at a whim.
I feel very sorry for the manager and for the first time the supporters of Leeds United.
Backward idiots they may be, but they are great supporters of a club with tradition (good & bad)
He must be thick too, because any decent manager would surely not go anywhere near Leeds with this prat in charge.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Leeds DON'T sack Hockaday - though why he would want to stay is baffling - other than the money.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
'Why would he want to stay?'
Hes never ever going to get a chance to manage at above L1 level again. He's a non league manager who won the lottery, makes you wonder how many other championship jobs he applied for but wasnt deemed a sensible candidate. He must pinch himself every day to make sure he's not dreaming. Nevermind Trigger, if the Albion ever put a joke like him in charge, I'd do serious time for whoever appointed him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lasted more than 44 days. Young Cloughie anyone? :joker:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hes never ever going to get a chance to manage at above L1 level again. He's a non league manager who won the lottery, makes you wonder how many other championship jobs he applied for but wasnt deemed a sensible candidate. He must pinch himself every day to make sure he's not dreaming. Nevermind Trigger, if the Albion ever put a joke like him in charge, I'd do serious time for whoever appointed him.

He didn't even apply for the Leeds job, he was approached!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I dunno. I seem to remember several times back in the withdean era (and possibly after Oscar left) where the club talked about us receiving 50 serious applications. I would imagine there may be a couple of non-league managers in there (especially during the withdean era).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports