Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds sack Hockaday

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Who , in their right mind would take that job now? Surely you have to have pride and respect for yourself rather than sell your soul to a club run like that

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
They should appoint an English manager with a proven pedigree in the Championship, like Warnock or McDermott, or, erm, actually forget it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must say my money would gave been on Magath. At least he has the players. Not sure what his excuse is............

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Stupid appointment in the first place.

At least Dirty Leeds will have to waste more money paying up his contract.

Suggest Di Caneo next to guarantee a well deserved relegation!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hockaday was Leeds manager on paper only. He had a thankless task, whoever comes in it will still be Cellino who pulls the strings/picks the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not actually been sacked though has he?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's not actually been sacked though has he?

Doesn't seem to be anything concrete yet. A google news search of his name brings up nothing, an article from Phil Hay saying Hockaday needs time, two hours ago, one from sky sports 45 mins ago where he claims he was mostly happy with the performance, thought the game swung on the first red card.

The tweets in the OP seem to be suggesting it's imminent, though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's done well to get this far into the season. Cellino said he'd judge him after 3 games and he's managed four so far. That must have given Hockaday a whole pile of confidence.

If that's for real then Cellino really is mad.

Mind you, Hockaday must have known what he was getting involved in. Possibly a win win situation for him? -

A) He succeeds, thus making a name for himself in the football league and guaranteeing future employment there.

B) He fails and gets the sack rapido, but gets lots of sympathy as the chairman is a known nutter and so possibly bags another job in the football league now people have heard of him.

C) He fails over time and gets the sack - not much sympathy and so no football league job but a decent pay off and a return to non-league where he started from anyway.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Cellino IS mad. He also said the following:

“In 2015-16, if we don’t go into the Premier League then you can tell me I’ve failed.”

And about going up to the Prem...

"If it takes one year, good, if it takes two years...(shrugs shoulders). But when we get there we want to go to the Champions League too. That’s why we have to buy good players for the future. The players we’re signing are going to be top players."

Not going too well so far, it it...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I don't think i've ever felt more sympathy for a manager. Just a lamb to the slaughter and a fall guy. Tough times ahead for Leeds and any manager would have to be desperate beyond belief to take that job!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Cellino IS mad. He also said the following:

“In 2015-16, if we don’t go into the Premier League then you can tell me I’ve failed.”

And about going up to the Prem...

"If it takes one year, good, if it takes two years...(shrugs shoulders). But when we get there we want to go to the Champions League too. That’s why we have to buy good players for the future. The players we’re signing are going to be top players."

Not going too well so far, it it...

I always thought we were not ambitious enough.... bloom out, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here