Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds not selling out (yet?)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh yes we are. As has been mentioned many are taking a final break as it’s a bank holiday. My daughter and grandson are ST holders, they are with family and friends for their annual New Forest camping splurge, in other circumstances they would never miss a match. Multiply that scenario many times over with Albion fans and that will be the reason.

If you have enough demand though, you have enough occasional fans to cover the regulars that would normally buy a ticket for the last Saturday in August. I think you are right, it is a legitimate reason that many fans are away, but we have what 22k ST holders, and with 3k away tickets, maybe 1k guests and sponsors etc. we have approx. 5k match day tickets to sell game by game, so regardless of all those holidays and absences, our match day demand for 5k tickets doesn't actually stretch that far otherwise for traditionally a big game for the Albion, especially a 3pm on a Sat you'd think we'd be a lot closer to a sell out. I'm not complaining, demand is what it is.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The away end is sold out, although the title of the thread could be seen as misleading. Bozza means the home stands.

I can't speak for the other two but I understood Bozza perfectly. I was just making a silly comment to tease any Champions of The Universe fans that passed by.

el punal

If you have enough demand though, you have enough occasional fans to cover the regulars that would normally buy a ticket for the last Saturday in August. I think you are right, it is a legitimate reason that many fans are away, but we have what 22k ST holders, and with 3k away tickets, maybe 1k guests and sponsors etc. we have approx. 5k match day tickets to sell game by game, so regardless of all those holidays and absences, our match day demand for 5k tickets doesn't actually stretch that far otherwise for traditionally a big game for the Albion, especially a 3pm on a Sat you'd think we'd be a lot closer to a sell out. I'm not complaining, demand is what it is.

I wouldn’t argue with your points but I reckon you’ll get a truer picture of those wishing to attend games next month. Say, compare the next two Saturday 3.00pm attendances with the Leeds fixture for a more realistic figure.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Holidays etc are irrelevant to other clubs who have the support base to cover them as seen at other PL grounds in recent weeks barring ourselves and Southampton. What’s doubly disappointing is that this is about as good as it gets being an Albion fan in terms of league position etc. and so you’d have to conclude that a 27k-ish capacity Amex would have probably been sufficient to generate more of a ‘scrabble’ for tickets. As anyone who is a Blue Light Card holder (for NHS and emergency workers) will know, both the Leicester and Forest home games are currently available to enter a free draw for pairs of tickets for both fixtures.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Holidays etc are irrelevant to other clubs who have the support base to cover them as seen at other PL grounds in recent weeks barring ourselves and Southampton. What’s doubly disappointing is that this is about as good as it gets being an Albion fan in terms of league position etc. and so you’d have to conclude that a 27k-ish capacity Amex would have probably been sufficient to generate more of a ‘scrabble’ for tickets. As anyone who is a Blue Light Card holder (for NHS and emergency workers) will know, both the Leicester and Forest home games are currently available to enter a free draw for pairs of tickets for both fixtures.

I’m not sure why selling 31K+ tickets and still the possible chance of a late sell out on a bank holiday weekend /summer holiday in august is “doubly disappointing”.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Personally speaking, the club has got the capacity about right. Enough tickets to usually ensure 'proper' fans, who aren't season ticket holders, get to see the Albion when they can and also enough to attract some passing and curious traffic. Certainly the ground looks full enough right now, but even when we were in the championship it wasn't too bad with several thousand fewer bums on seats.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wouldn’t argue with your points but I reckon you’ll get a truer picture of those wishing to attend games next month. Say, compare the next two Saturday 3.00pm attendances with the Leeds fixture for a more realistic figure.

Well, I'm quite surprised I've picked up 2 tickets for Palace where I had a choice of most of the ground given that is also a Sat 3pm. B grade too so slightly cheaper than say Spurs coming up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brighton nil are going to struggle to sell out at home, for quite a while yet.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Daft thing is, I can't make the Leeds game, and the club are desperate for 1901 tickets for all EPL games, but until the ticket exchange is activated they can't buy my tickets from me. It looks like my seats will be empty on Saturday despite the fact that there is tremendous demand for 1901 seats on a game by game basis.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not sure why selling 31K+ tickets and still the possible chance of a late sell out on a bank holiday weekend /summer holiday in august is “doubly disappointing”.

This.

There are always significant gaps at the Amex (and no doubt elsewhere) at games until the first full week of Sept. Debated to death on nsc every year.

Newcastle was a surprisingly nearly full Amex, Leeds is looking good too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can’t say it bothers me if we sell out or not. The club keep telling us that every game is a sell out so I assume the gaps are no shows :shrug:

Looking forward to the thread about how Leeds out sung us and questions as to how we can improve the atmosphere.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Cost of petrol will more than likely make me be very selective as to what games I take in. I'm a non - Sussex STH (Dorset) and , as we speak, £ 70 + on filling the car up, stretches the bank balance !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here