[Albion] Leeds fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
On the flip side, I’d say we were fantastic today and it was a really good atmosphere as most games - louder than Leeds - but hey opinions yeh…

I think the atmosphere has been in decline a lot last few seasons (at home - certainly not away) but it has perhaps coincided with going so long hardly scoring/winning at home. Newcastle game was poor too imo. Couldn't make today as up north but it sounded much better than of late at home - long may it continue

el punal

They're known as the Northern Millwall for a reason, but that being said they completely out sung our fans who were the most quiet I've seen them. I don't know what was going on today but fans were silent all game, bad atmosphere, something really need to sort out.

I’m sure you’ll get over it. The competition for me is what happens on the pitch and preferably with us winning. As for the singing bit I don’t give a shit, I mean it’s not exactly the Eurovision Song Contest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the atmosphere has been in decline a lot last few seasons (at home - certainly not away) but it has perhaps coincided with going so long hardly scoring/winning at home. Newcastle game was poor too imo. Couldn't make today as up north but it sounded much better than of late at home - long may it continue

Think we maybe expect too much personally. Depends where you sit but big stadiums hard to work out. Always maintained the Amex is decent compared to a lot of grounds I’ve been to…

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
They're known as the Northern Millwall for a reason, but that being said they completely out sung our fans who were the most quiet I've seen them. I don't know what was going on today but fans were silent all game, bad atmosphere, something really need to sort out.

Really? Where do you sit? That wasn't my experience at all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounded pretty good on the stream I was watching and radio?!

It was - I’m guessing she’s / he’s an away fan troll or wasn’t there…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Incorrect………

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Think we maybe expect too much personally. Depends where you sit but big stadiums hard to work out. Always maintained the Amex is decent compared to a lot of grounds I’ve been to…

Yeah perhaps. And agree on the second part as far as atmosphere in this country. Always makes me laugh when people slate the atmosphere and our fans as if it's unique to the Amex that it's often pretty average... it's pretty bang average/poor at most grounds in this country thesedays unfortunately, bar a few grounds where atmosphere is consistently good and for special games/derbies at most others

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Quitest ever? appreciate you are a troll or haven't been to the Amex that often(if ever, streams are good these days) but seriously?

I know you want a reaction but that is a 2 out of 10 at best JackThePratt

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

For day time kickoffs, few modern stadia in this country are raucous before a home team leads. Supporters on edge, afraid of conceding, afraid of not winning … unable to enjoy the event. Perhaps they were always quiet?

Smellhurst has a completely contrived noise, that disappears the moment they concede.

Elland Road stands out as being loud. But they were often silent today as we took them apart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley grizzling about The Leeds fans behaviour is no different to moaning about tomorrow being Sunday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

8596401A-9A91-499F-8927-C2F7B6AD6B87.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For day time kickoffs, few modern stadia in this country are raucous before a home team leads. Supporters on edge, afraid of conceding, afraid of not winning … unable to enjoy the event. Perhaps they were always quiet?

Smellhurst has a completely contrived noise, that disappears the moment they concede.

Elland Road stands out as being loud. But they were often silent today as we took them apart.

I must say, Leeds are normally the loudest to come down here and always have been. Doesn’t excuse the the bellendry that follows them around - reports of racism (by long standing posters) and clear homophobic abuse online. Should be ashamed.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Elland Road does stand out as being loud, but then the fans behind the goal next to the away fans mostly look like 20 to 40 yr old lads who create a good atmosphere but also look and act like absolute bellends - seems like most of them came down today judging by comments on the state of their fans

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I must say, Leeds are normally the loudest to come down here and always have been. Doesn’t excuse the the bellendry that follows them around - reposted of racism and clear homophobic abuse online. Should be ashamed.

It doesn`t follow them around though , they carry it everywhere they go and they wear it with pride , i feel sorry for anyone on a quiet night out in Brighton tonight .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

If ever there was a time to sing "One song, you've only got one song" it was today.
They are very loud and provide their side with a great following, but considering it's a very large working class city with a football history I would expect that.
As previously mentioned, they are the new Burnley with the football they now play under Ted Lasso.
Bring back Bielsa the entertainer (even though he was just a shit Graham Potter).

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Today I had to go to Lewes and by all accounts here Im glad I did. What I did see were several bunches of Weeds fans knocking people outta the way running back from the Lewes queue to presumably join the Brighton queue. Then I see a Leeds fan in a wheelchair speeding past in the outside lane and low behold anyone in his way. I accept your entitlement to the outside lane nut not to knock everyone flying in the process. Leeds are 5cum just like Chelsea were last season. Have to agree with comments re Newcastle. Seemed an ok bunch.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One in the train queue ended up with a nasty cut by the eye and his mate with what could well have been a broken nose, pouring blood. Didn’t see what happened but a couple of Leeds fans behind us were moaning about their bellend behaviour well before it happened, and seemed to think they’d brought it on themselves. One taunt too many.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yeah perhaps. And agree on the second part as far as atmosphere in this country. Always makes me laugh when people slate the atmosphere and our fans as if it's unique to the Amex that it's often pretty average... it's pretty bang average/poor at most grounds in this country thesedays unfortunately, bar a few grounds where atmosphere is consistently good and for special games/derbies at most others
Yep, sanitised to within an inch of its life,.... seats, stewards etc,... it's the environment that flies not encourage passion and tribalism.... terraces are where it used to be at.... no longer, ce la vie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports