Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds fan in peace

Richleeds

Sep 24, 2011
Just been reading through some comments from last night's game and just thought I would put a quick post up.

The new stadium you guys have is amazing very impressed however there were a few few minor things that didn't help and they probably attributed to some of the points in the Leeds hooligan thread.

There was no staff attacked in the away end there was a bit of shouting from one bloke because he had been queuing 20 mins got to the front to be told he couldn't have a beer. Same happened to me fortunately my life doesn't revolve round having a beer so settled for a water but I understand the guys frustration. The staff were appallingly slow and unorganised in getting people served. I'd say it's the only thing at Elland road we trump you at; the staff can turn round a queue.

The transport situation after the game was absolutely appalling. I was on my own and not on the official coaches. I took one look at the train queue and decided against it. To the bloke who was complaining bout the Leeds fans pushing on to the train I can't say I blame them, up north we just pack on as many as we can and it will have been a long frustrating day for many with the problems with the trains from london. The fault with that problem lies with the transport provider. I can guarantee most Brighton fans would probably tried to have packed on as well.

Also don't allow the odd morons to cloud your vision of the fans overall. Your lot have your share of morons. Many in the west stand were gesticulating towards our lot and trying to rile us. Also walking back alone I am glad I had no colours on because I was surrounded by 1,000s of Brighton who were giving it some, to the point I decided it would be prudent to get a taxi.

Overall though the Brighton fans I met were great and have had good chats with them over the last day. Think the game was a fair result. We out played and out sung you in first half vice versa for second. Was surprised o
Poyet didn't give vincente more of a run out.

Cheers anyway

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Can't say as I disagree with some of your comments Rich, particularly about the queue turnaround times and transport after the game. If it is any consolation, it is no better for the home fans. However, before any fellow Brighton fans jump on this, I would say that, talking to people in the park and ride queues before and after games, the overwhelming consensus is that this is a price most of us are willing to pay this price. Remember, this was only the seventh game at the ground (excluding the ramp up events); it will take time to get everything right. Judge it on your next visit (whenever that might be).

Richleeds

Sep 24, 2011
Like I said was very minor points. The AMEX stadium as a whole was extremely impressive and accommodating. The staff were great as well. Even the moron kicking off about not getting an ale was dealt with very civilly, more so than he deserved. If that had happened at elland rd he would have been out on his ear with a 12 month ban and probably arrested in the mix as well.

Richleeds

Sep 24, 2011
Well if that is the case it's a disgrace and the culprits should be arrested dealt with and banned there's no place for that in the game.

Feb 14, 2010
Just been reading through some comments from last night's game and just thought I would put a quick post up.

The new stadium you guys have is amazing very impressed however there were a few few minor things that didn't help and they probably attributed to some of the points in the Leeds hooligan thread.

There was no staff attacked in the away end there was a bit of shouting from one bloke because he had been queuing 20 mins got to the front to be told he couldn't have a beer. Same happened to me fortunately my life doesn't revolve round having a beer so settled for a water but I understand the guys frustration. The staff were appallingly slow and unorganised in getting people served. I'd say it's the only thing at Elland road we trump you at; the staff can turn round a queue.

The transport situation after the game was absolutely appalling. I was on my own and not on the official coaches. I took one look at the train queue and decided against it. To the bloke who was complaining bout the Leeds fans pushing on to the train I can't say I blame them, up north we just pack on as many as we can and it will have been a long frustrating day for many with the problems with the trains from london. The fault with that problem lies with the transport provider. I can guarantee most Brighton fans would probably tried to have packed on as well.

Also don't allow the odd morons to cloud your vision of the fans overall. Your lot have your share of morons. Many in the west stand were gesticulating towards our lot and trying to rile us. Also walking back alone I am glad I had no colours on because I was surrounded by 1,000s of Brighton who were giving it some, to the point I decided it would be prudent to get a taxi.

Overall though the Brighton fans I met were great and have had good chats with them over the last day. Think the game was a fair result. We out played and out sung you in first half vice versa for second. Was surprised o
Poyet didn't give vincente more of a run out.

Cheers anyway

All the best. Best away support for a long time. Champions of Europe always raises a smile.. but remember "to put all your medals in the bin because you won them by cheating"..

Richleeds

Sep 24, 2011
Don't get me started with the champions chant. I hate it with a passion. And the fans haven't trigger on the team play shocking when that chant gets going. We were mediocre for the first 15 mins or so last night when that chant got going it's the same up at Elland Rd

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Best away support by a long way, it makes the whole Amex experience unforgettable. An incredible match made all the more special by your supporters.
Thanks.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Hi Rich, There was always going to be problems with the trains afterwards, as there had been loads of interruptions during the day. Everyone has a few yobbos, and to my mind the old bill didn't have a clue. No offence fella, but you lot do have a reputation and some of your lot do their very best to keep it going. That said, you were the loudest fans at the Amex so far, and many of you I spoke to were genuine nice blokes and proper football fans. I think a draw was a fair result if I'm honest. Good luck for the rest of the season, except when you play us up there.

Richleeds

Sep 24, 2011
Steve you're right most do. And I am probably one of those in terms of chants and the noise made in ground. Leeds have a reputation for their support. But once you leave the seat you should leave it behind.

I mean some of our lot were fighting with police on Tuesday, all because man utd were in town. Stupid.

Thought your fans sounded tremendous in the second half and certainly shut us up. We just couldn't get the wind up us in the second half. Hope you guys fetch a good following for the return leg as elland rd is a fantastic atmosphere when filled.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I'll be there for the return leg Rich as my mates brother lives in Leeds.

He had an interesting time watchint the game in a Leeds pub as the only Brighton supporter!!!!

Great game yesterday, your fans were the loudest by far and looking forward to Elland Road.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
The Leeds fans I saw at Falmer station after the game were great. There was loads of good natured singing and not a hint of trouble. The majority were loud and in good spirits. The 'One train, you've only got one train' chant made me laugh!

Fantastic game, brilliant fans, great atmosphere - a proper football match - I loved it!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Capture.JPG

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Steve you're right most do. And I am probably one of those in terms of chants and the noise made in ground. Leeds have a reputation for their support. But once you leave the seat you should leave it behind.

I mean some of our lot were fighting with police on Tuesday, all because man utd were in town. Stupid.

Thought your fans sounded tremendous in the second half and certainly shut us up. We just couldn't get the wind up us in the second half. Hope you guys fetch a good following for the return leg as elland rd is a fantastic atmosphere when filled.

Usually cant stand Leeds fans but you seem a nice enough fella. Leeds were very very loud lastnight in the first half then we took control second half. Overall a brilliant game. Good luck for rest of the season

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In the North last night there were definitely less catering staff than usual. I wonder if the transport problems affected things or whether people just didn't turn up because it was a Friday night

Gullysgirl

Sep 16, 2011
Lancing
I can personally say all the Leeds fans we met in the pub before the match were good fun, in fact we did out bit to welcome them to Brighton by letting them know the best place to go clubbing would be the Revenge club :lolol:

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
it's a worrying state of affairs that that was probably pre -made

I went past the Leeds fans post game and bar one knobhead giving abit of mouth from up by the coach bit I had absolutely no issues with the Leeds fans , were still in full voice and quite witty.

by no means the worst , the Gillingham fans for example acted like total c**ts post match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here