Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I saw Mark Steel on Saturday - now he was reallly funny. Even when he took the piss out of the Albion.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
He may be a nice guy and talented but Lee Evans ain't funny.
Sean lock
Lee mack
Paul foot
Frank skinner
Rhod Gilbert
Mickey Flanagan
Eddie Izzard
Gregg Davis
Frankie Boyle are head and shoulders over Mr Evans.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
My favourite comedian of the moment is Andrew Lawrence. Ball achingly funny.

D

Deleted member 2719

I can see how people find him funny, i found the Young one's very funny at the time you watch it now, just to find a scene that will make you laugh.

I have been likened to Evans in the past,i just hope it's not the ears or the inability to stand up for too long.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
People have different opinions on comedy...there's slapstick,comedy monolouge, innuendos....there are hardly any good comedians around today...they just get on stage,shout,swear...and we are supposed to lay on our backs kicking out legs in the air in hilarous raptures. Best story teller IMHO was Dave Allen,one that made a lot of people laugh for his sheer stupidity...Tommy Cooper....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The people who dont find Lee Evans funny are usually fans of bullshit comedies like The Might Boosh. Lee Evans is the funniest man of my lifetime.
The Boosh is a billion times funnier than Lee Evans. [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] summarised Evans perfectly on here a few years ago:

"So - you've screwed your face up, and fallen over a couple of times. When's the funny bit?"

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I saw Lee Evans at the Brighton Centre years ago and thought he was hilarious, that said there are plenty who are better than him, my particular favorite at the moment is Micky Flanagan, saw him last year and have never laughed so much as I did that night.

Oh and Lee Evans is far funnier than Michael McIntyre too.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think he is well funny but others don't. What do you think?

He's a bit of a funny one. For a couple of years in Buffalo he was a lightning WR, a serious deep threat, but he just seemed to suddenly fall away. I put it doen to it all being on his shoulders in Buffalo, and the QB position was poor, but he then had TO show up, and draw coverage, but that didn't help. Moving on to the Ravens last season looked a good move, as he could be under the radar a bit amongst Boldin and Torrey Smith, with a decent QB in Flacco throwing to him. Still very little from him, which leaves me thinking he was only ever a speed guy, and that has been hurt by injuries, and with his speed compromised, there is very little left.

I think he's done now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Comedy often has it's time and place. I saw Lee Evans in about 1996 before in a small London Theatre, and he was brilliant. He hadn't long finished a stint at the Edinburgh festival, and his Bohemian Rhapsody mime was still fresh, as were a lot of his other mime's he included in his act.

I have to say, I can't watch him now, I don't get the big arena gigs where the intimacy of his talent is completely lost, and he ends up being a more conventional stand up (which as others have said, I don't think he's particularly good at).

The young Lee Evans through the '90's was a delightful genius. I don't get him anymore though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I find Lee Evans quite painful to watch, he moves around stage like some kind of nervous kid with ADHD. I had a kid like that in my class at school and I didn't find him funny but I suppose comedy is a matter of taste, the trouble is everyone else's taste is wrong!

Oct 25, 2003
comedy is, obviously, completely personal......there isn't a comedian alive that everyone finds funny

as for evans, i really don't "get" it, and can't see the appeal at all......i know several people who find him hilarious though and who dislike some of the comedians i like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here