Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I feel out of touch with the latest comics, especially the ones on TV. I don't think I've sat down and watched any of the current crops shows from start to finish. But I did watch that channel 4 comedy gala thing last weekend. Most of them managed to raise a chuckle or two, but I didn't really feel like any of them wowed me.

On that sow, Lee Evans was the main event, and in that set he didn't stand out as particularly better than the rest of the card. I think Evans is funny, but I think he is over his peak. He may have a renaissance at some future date, but for now he is not as good as he was. But I think that of Eddie Izzard and Peter Kay and Jo Brand and Jack Dee and Frank Skinner and Lee Hurst and Harry Enfield and all the comedians from various ages when I was younger and felt like I had to catch their newest stuff. They had a rawness, and something to say and their acts were fresh. After all these years, it loses something. I still vote that Evans is funny, but not as funny as he was, and not the funniest around., but he is funny.

I'm not sure who I would say is the funniest around at the moment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I honestly find him one of the most bollocks acts not only in comedy but in pretty much the whole of entertainment. How is he funny? I just don't get it. Total prick in my opinion.

You don't find him funny, so he's a prick? You know comedy is subjective, right?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
He's very hit and miss for me , when he's got it spot on (Live in Scotland , Wired & Wonderful and the Roadrunner tour) , he's fantastic , however when he misses it's bad

as for Michael McIntyre , I've not really enjoyed his stand up as much HOWEVER his autobiography was fantastic and had me in stitches

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm more a Jimmy Carr / Frankie Boyle preference in stand ups mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here