Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Barnard

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
10th December, he is due back.

There was a lovely bit of denial from a Southampton fan on another forum. He had heard and was convinced that Barnard smashed a bottle in the face of a man, whilst trying to regain his balance.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There was a lovely bit of denial from a Southampton fan on another forum. He had heard and was convinced that Barnard smashed a bottle in the face of a man, whilst trying to regain his balance.

Over the past few months I've come to realise that saints fans are actually really, really thick! There was one on talksport the other day, he was supposed to be talking about pardew but started banging on about how they were going to win the league and some other complete nonsence. Every time I read a comment from them or hear them speak they always sound utterly stupid.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
10th December, he is due back.

HAHA Excellent.

I'm sure the Judge will give this defence a sympathetic hearing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Over the past few months I've come to realise that saints fans are actually really, really thick! There was one on talksport the other day, he was supposed to be talking about pardew but started banging on about how they were going to win the league and some other complete nonsence. Every time I read a comment from them or hear them speak they always sound utterly stupid.

I'd never really paid much attention to them before we ended up in the same league again.

They really are delusional. Apparently the rumour of the sale of the club in the Sun was just mischief as the club had 'pissed off' the paper with their press ban. As if the Sun would be pissed off with that. It is not as if they were planning a double page spread of a third division non-entity.

Mind you, they are massive. Their new training complex has plans for a 'ball signing' room. Their stadium is better than Hillsbrough as they have more toilets per head.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
If it's being heard and dealt with at a Magistrates court don't build your hopes up. Maximum 6 months imprisonment which won't happen and if they do give a custodial sentence it will be suspended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the real world this means he will walk away with a slap on the wrist.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
If it's being heard and dealt with at a Magistrates court don't build your hopes up. Maximum 6 months imprisonment which won't happen and if they do give a custodial sentence it will be suspended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the real world this means he will walk away with a slap on the wrist.

I would be extremely suprised if this is heard in the magistrates court. Even if he pleaded guilty it would probably be committed to the Crown court for sentencing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"District Judge Lorraine Morgan agreed with the prosecutor that the case was too serious to be heard in the Magistrate's Court, and must be heard in the Crown Court.

Barnard entered no plea, and must return to the Magistrate's Court on 31st March, for the case to be committed to the Crown Court."

Obviously being taken pretty seriously, but unlikey to affect this season now. Come the 31st March, they will set a Crown Court date, presumably a couple of months later?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here