Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Ladders,remember them ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
002-Shoot-Ladders-1.jpg
I had that one - I invented a game whereby two teams next to each other would play each other with the result decided by a die roll with positions switching as neccesary.

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Where are you guys getting new ones from? My son would love these, but I can't find anywhere that sells them. Even Ebay isn't bringing up any results....

Where are you guys getting new ones from? My son would love these, but I can't find anywhere that sells them. Even Ebay isn't bringing up any results....

I think Match of the Day magazine do some before the season starts - and also whichever one of Match/Shoot is still going did some last summer too.
It'll be a few weeks before the season starts, you'll just have to keep your eyes peeled!

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Got a set from "Lion" comic, 1963 season from E bay about 6 months ago, whenever I show them to any mates who come round (we are in our 50s) the look of nostalga on their faces is just incredible!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I had that one - I invented a game whereby two teams next to each other would play each other with the result decided by a die roll with positions switching as neccesary.

And there was me thinking I was the only one sad enough to do that.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I love the way Celtic and Rangers are 1 and 2 in each of those Photos in 68, 78 and 2011.

Nothing ever changes up there.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I work away a lot, and in one of the offices I visit in Fife is a scottish man who is a Harlepool fanatic, he travels down, sponsors games goes to away games. Like many scottish football fans he has a great knowledge of the English game and is always ready to spend half an hour discussing our league and how the Albion are doing.

Once when I asked him why he was a Harlepool fan he promptly blamed these league ladders, he religiously would move the teams on a Saturday/Sunday as the results came in, however over 2/3 seasons as a kid, Hartlepool hardley ever moved so he became obsessed with this and they ended up with a big fan for life.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
No special football comics/mags when i was a boy except Football Monthly and Soccer Star (grossly inferior). Must have got my first league ladder from 'Lion' comic, and I remember that it had Gatesdhead in the (new) Fourth Division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here