Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Ladders,remember them ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What ever happened to those league ladders that you use to get in a footy magazine at the start of the season,must have been down to the collapse in sales of such magazines ? :bigwave: Use to have a set,did you ?

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
I used to love them, used to get them free with Shoot or Match Weekly as a kid.
good days !!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Used to love mine, and I gleened so much info from the little snippets from the bottom of the tabs. Normally carried record win, record defeat and biggest attendance, I think.

What happened to them ..... the internet I guess. Maybe even Ceefax before that. Suddenly teh league tables were far more easily accessible.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
As of not many seasons ago, they still did them in one of the kids' football magazines. But I have to say that my son was not prepared to spend the hours I used to, getting the teams in order. Information is much easier to come by these days!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
My wife got some for my son recently - magnetised strips with a fold out template for the four leagues, plus all the top non-league sides to accomodate changes.

He's loved them and has spent Sunday morning changing the order.

Shoot were the originals, got some in the attic somewhere.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I used to get them on Match. Stuck the thing up but then a few weeks later most of the shirts would have blown off and fallen down behind the chest of drawers it was hung over!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I got given an up-to-date magnetic one for my birthday this year, covering all four English League divisions - it also had spare team names for all the Conference clubs and even a few completely blank ones if someone goes up from the Conference having been promoted the season before.

Even though I'm in my thirties, I loved it! :thumbsup:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Yeah they were ace.
Only ever lasted till about the end of September when i'd get bored of it or when half the tabs where knocked out of it then subsiquently vaccumed up by mum.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Bit like this one in my room that hasnt been updated since before christmas :lol:

Attachments

• IMGP4734.JPG
    IMGP4734.JPG
    365 KB · Views: 377

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
1.Shoot+League+Ladders.jpg

002-Shoot-Ladders-1.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think they first started to go out of fashion when the likes of the ZX80 and ZX81 were first introduced. After that, home computing snowballed and why waste time with a ladder when you can look at the BBC website and even play around with the predictor. Try that with a ladder!!!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I loved the old cardboard 'Shoot!' ones. Learnt the names of all the grounds from reading the tabs. They sometimes used to fall out and get hoovered up by my mum tho!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I bought my son a cloth set in Potters in The Lanes. He (and his sisters) love up dating the 4 Leagues each week. New teams can be bought for a couple of quid each so got to get Crawley and Wimbledon on order.
Other kids also love them so got a set for a nephew.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here