latest on bennett

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
Not forgetting that Lallana is allegedly worth £5 million (before he got injured) and Oxlade Chamberlain is worth £10m so how the hell can Bennett only be worth £1 million. Tell Norwich to bog off.

For a bit of context, we (Norwich) signed Andrew Surman in the close season for £1.2m, who is arguably a more established player than Elliott Bennett.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this saga... Both clubs are in a similar scenario, both looking to push on and seek promotion. Which will win out? Our desire to sign Elliott Bennett, or your desire to keep him?

For what it's worth, I think you'll probabaly keep hold of him (at least from Norwich), I don't think our wallet is big enough to prise him from you. However, as has been mentioned on here before, a lot of it comes down to the player as that is where the power lies.

Interesting times indeed...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I does show how far we've come.

Have The Albion ever turned down a 7 figure bid, before?

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Didn't Knight turn down a bid for Zamora from Everton? Didn't Brizzle City offer 550k for Hart?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Hey Sean, where you hear this from or who?
hey fella,norwich have put in 3 bids,all knocked back,the information is from the same source as who told me about KLL coming,a week before i put it on here,

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
For a bit of context, we (Norwich) signed Andrew Surman in the close season for £1.2m, who is arguably a more established player than Elliott Bennett.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this saga... Both clubs are in a similar scenario, both looking to push on and seek promotion. Which will win out? Our desire to sign Elliott Bennett, or your desire to keep him?

For what it's worth, I think you'll probabaly keep hold of him (at least from Norwich), I don't think our wallet is big enough to prise him from you. However, as has been mentioned on here before, a lot of it comes down to the player as that is where the power lies.

Interesting times indeed...

Got nothing against Norwich, in fact i backed you each way at 25s to win the League this season.
Is Surman injured as i remember when you signed him i though it was a good move but you never see his name mentioned?

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
Got nothing against Norwich, in fact i backed you each way at 25s to win the League this season.
Is Surman injured as i remember when you signed him i though it was a good move but you never see his name mentioned?

Yeah Surman is injured, he's tweaked his knee twice (the second time because we had to hurry him back). However, he's looked a class act when he has been involved.

The thought of a midfield containing Surman, Hoolahan and Bennett does cause something of a tent in my trousers, I must confess...

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

yep injured shortly after coming back from injury

Lush

Mods' Pet
As I said on the 'What's EB worth?' thread £2m is an absolute minimum.

The talk of the Championship being worth £4m extra to the Albion is the least of it, this is just the TV money you get at the start of the season. It does not include any extra televised games or the increased revenue from proper away followings, a figure nearer £6m would be more accurate. This alone makes Benno's value to us (an important distinction here) £2m or more.

It's also not the kind of message you want to be giving out when you're in the middle of trying to fill a stadium with new season ticket holders.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Whilst I would be gutted if Bennett left, it becomes difficult if the bids go up to £1.5 - £2 million. He is just one player and as we know with LuaLua anything can happen in terms of injuries. A bid in that region, assuming it was early enough for us to buy players, would allow us to bring two or three very good players at this and Championship level. I am not saying I would accept it, just that it becomes a hard decision then.

I really hope Norwich don't come in with that sort of bid as he is a crucial player for us.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Whilst I would be gutted if Bennett left, it becomes difficult if the bids go up to £1.5 - £2 million. He is just one player and as we know with LuaLua anything can happen in terms of injuries. A bid in that region, assuming it was early enough for us to buy players, would allow us to bring two or three very good players at this and Championship level. I am not saying I would accept it, just that it becomes a hard decision then.

I really hope Norwich don't come in with that sort of bid as he is a crucial player for us.

No just about it I am afraid. He's pivotal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports