Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ++++ latest odds ++++

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I asked this before, but how/why is Gus on that list at 33/1? Does someone SERIOUSLY believe – to the point of parting with their own cash – he has any chance or, indeed, desire to come back? To me, that's not gambling, just chucking money away.

And Why is Sherwood such a hot favourite, when he has already managed in the PL, and seemed to have done OK with Spurs? Surely he'd be favourite for West Brom/Norwich/Anyone else that wants to get shot of their manager, instead of dropping down to the Championship? Not that I'd be complaining, I think he'd be great.

Forgive me for asking what are possibly dumb questions, but I don't know how these things work...

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Bollocks. I had £300 on OG last time round. Admittedly he was 1/3 at the time so their liability wasn't huge but a win is a win and all that.

At that price and with the book no doubt balanced with money for all the other so called front runners (Ferguson and co), they wouldn't have worried too much. Chances are, the shop manager would still have had to get the "okay" from his control centre though.

Any manager who took £300 at a large price and left his firm with needless liabilities without checking first, would be looking for a new job the next day.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dry? DREI? German? Is it Rangnick?

Close

klinsmann-420x0.jpg

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I asked this before, but how/why is Gus on that list at 33/1? Does someone SERIOUSLY believe – to the point of parting with their own cash – he has any chance or, indeed, desire to come back? To me, that's not gambling, just chucking money away.

And Why is Sherwood such a hot favourite, when he has already managed in the PL, and seemed to have done OK with Spurs? Surely he'd be favourite for West Brom/Norwich/Anyone else that wants to get shot of their manager, instead of dropping down to the Championship? Not that I'd be complaining, I think he'd be great.

Forgive me for asking what are possibly dumb questions, but I don't know how these things work...

The market has made Sherwood fav, not the bookmakers.
Whether it's "ITK" money or mug money that's done it is another matter.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Greg Bobkin;6350995 said:
I asked this before, but how/why is Gus on that list at 33/1? Does someone SERIOUSLY believe – to the point of parting with their own cash – he has any chance...

You should see the odds list for the next Man U manager - until yesterday, at 1000/1 we had Lady Gaga, among others. About the same chance of either happening, I'd imagine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not Mackay or Sherwood, crikey your a tough man to please !

Not really. I'd much rather have:
Hughton
Mel
Jackett
RDM
Zola
Or that English coach from Real Madrid

Some of those I rate quite highly, and some will have some great contacts. Robinson will bring absolutely nothing to the club, McKay spent a fortune to get Cardiff up and Sherwood at Spurs was like a 17 year old being given keys to a Ferrari - he might be useful but he hasn't really got the experience.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
You should see the odds list for the next Man U manager - until yesterday, at 1000/1 we had Lady Gaga, among others. About the same chance of either happening, I'd imagine.

How generous of them. Not forgetting you can have Howard Webb, Paulo Di Canio and Kevin Keegan @ 500/1 if you think they will be the next gaffer at Old Trafford.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

The Bookies don't give a hoot about logical choices if they think they will make easy money. Nobody of sound mind seriously believes Gus will be our next manager, but if people want to have a bet on him, who are the bookies to refuse their money?

33/1? They could tell me to name my own price and I'd keep my quid in my pocket.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Bookies don't give a hoot about logical choices if they think they will make easy money. Nobody of sound mind seriously believes Gus will be our next manager, but if people want to have a bet on him, who are the bookies to refuse their money?

33/1? They could tell me to name my own price and I'd keep my quid in my pocket.

This is the bit I don't get. I understand that the market dictates the odds, but why would anybody in their right mind think that Gus would return?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

This is the bit I don't get. I understand that the market dictates the odds, but why would anybody in their right mind think that Gus would return?

I've highlighted the answer in the first line. :thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not really. I'd much rather have:
Hughton
Mel
Jackett
RDM
Zola
Or that English coach from Real Madrid

Some of those I rate quite highly, and some will have some great contacts. Robinson will bring absolutely nothing to the club, McKay spent a fortune to get Cardiff up and Sherwood at Spurs was like a 17 year old being given keys to a Ferrari - he might be useful but he hasn't really got the experience.

i agree with you in part, all of them bar Zola have zero personality, which worries me.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Next Permanent Brighton Manager
Next Permanent Manager Temporary, Interim or caretaker managers in charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed permanent and settled as a winner. Others on request.
Tim Sherwood 11/10
Paul Clement 3/1
Malky MacKay 7/1
Gianfranco Zola 14/1
Chris Hughton 18/1
Neil Lennon 20/1
Eddie Howe 20/1
Alan Curbishley 20/1
Phil Neville 20/1
Ryan Giggs 25/1
Paul Ince 25/1
Nathan Jones 25/1