Latest b*ll*cks from Ferguson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What about the banner at Old Trafford that says how many years city have gone without winning anything??

Like I said, no more grown up or less childish. Personally I think we do get a little over sensitive in this country about actions of other players, teams, clubs, managers etc. Elsewhere, they just get on with it and tell it as it is, think Eastern Med, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, or South America, the animosity shown between rivals is pretty hard core stuff, from fans and the clubs alike, makes everything the likes of Furgusson, The Special One, Wenger etc come up with look like little school childrens tantrums and wheezes. Best to just laugh at them and their petty mindgames

Mar 13, 2008
I am liking Hughes in all of this though. He isn't rising to any of it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think when he retires people will starting liking him more (like nick faldo). I think he says and does a lot of things, acts a certain way, as part of his process. What makes him so successful is the way he acts in public, the world against us mentality he creates within his team, etc.

I can't stand the bloke, or anything to do with man utd, but I imagine when he retires I will soften on him for the above reasons.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Nobody shopuld be surprised at Fergusons latest outburst. He always has been a twat and always will be. Why the f*** would anybody want to choose United over City anyway? At City you get paid more and don't end up being hated by the rest of the country.

It is just pure jealousy from Ferguson, plain & simple.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just trying to tap up another player contracted to another club :wanker:

Thereby acting exactly as the bosses at the big boys have done for some time - Ferguson practically kidnapped Berbatov, FFS, and Spurs had to agree not to report Utd for an illegal approach as part of the deal!

I'm not condoning what Hughes has done, but all he's doing is starting to play the game the same way the old order always have. Exactly as when Chelsea started splashing the cash and behaving the same way, the established order don't like it and cry foul.

They want everybody else to do as they say, not as they do. Well; f***ing diddums, basically.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So, would you take his knighthood away ?

No, I wouldn't. That was the point I was making. You would. Because according to you, honour, chivalry, virtue are the only important things, and neither Botham or Faldo boast those qualities. Happily, knighthoods are also awarded for what people have achieved, eg Botham's charity work.

Mar 13, 2008
Just trying to tap up another player contracted to another club :wanker:
Did he? Who? Terry? Hughes has done nothing but answer the presses questions. Chelsea told the press Man City were after Terry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Until United get turned over a few times and lose the title by more than a few points, I guess Ferguson can get away with dissing the competition. He may be an uncouth bully type but his record is just plain amazing. I hope his team fall flat on their faces this season...but then I hope that every year, so it sure to happen eventully.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Does the word 'Berbetov' mean anything to ya?

Didn't say Fergie had never none the same but this idea Hughes has been some kind of angel is a joke. There all as bad as each other. Come May the top 4 will be United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in some assembled order anyway, It's all bullocks

larus

Didn't say Fergie had never none the same but this idea Hughes has been some kind of angel is a joke. There all as bad as each other. Come May the top 4 will be United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in some assembled order anyway, It's all bullocks

Much too early to say that. Things change, and City have signed some decent players. If City have a decent first half of the season, they may be a more attractive club to sign for if they look like qualifying for Europe in the following season.

Ferguson is a detestable person. I see nothing in his personality which I can respect. He come's across as a bully, a bitter, sour individual and a huge hypocrite. I for one really hope the City finish above them and also do the double on them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I quite like him actually. And he's right about Man City... they're a joke.

And if anyone honestly think City are going to challenge this season you're mental. Lost at Kaizer Chiefs yesterday FFS

I agree, I like him and he tends to be right most the time.

Rafa is far worse, I guess it must be the desperation

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Much too early to say that. Things change, and City have signed some decent players. If City have a decent first half of the season, they may be a more attractive club to sign for if they look like qualifying for Europe in the following season.

Ferguson is a detestable person. I see nothing in his personality which I can respect. He come's across as a bully, a bitter, sour individual and a huge hypocrite. I for one really hope the City finish above them and also do the double on them.

If City lose a couple of games early on Hughes will be gone, replaced by a big name europeon manager with no premiership experience (see ramos at Spurs etc) and it'll be a boring mid table finish followed by swift departures of all big name signings

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If City lose a couple of games early on Hughes will be gone, replaced by a big name europeon manager with no premiership experience (see ramos at Spurs etc) and it'll be a boring mid table finish followed by swift departures of all big name signings

Think that's your wish than what is likely to happen.

Similarly to me wishing Manure bomb spectacularly each season but it never happens, not yet anyway.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Think that's your wish than what is likely to happen.

Similarly to me wishing Manure bomb spectacularly each season but it never happens, not yet anyway.

I don't really care about the Premiership, as i said, come may it'll all be the same as last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports