Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest b*ll*cks from Ferguson

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I see that Ferguson is sufficiently worried by the potential threat City now offer to his lot's Manchester hegemony that he's started his mind games before the season's even kicked off this year:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man Utd | Man City a small club - Ferguson

What an utter dick. God forbid somebody else should be able to buy quality players that he wanted. Why, at this rate we're in danger of levelling the playing field a bit at the top, and we can't have that, can we?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pathetic attempt at a wind up by rentagob. Clearly he's shitting in his pants as City look like ruling Manchester.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
The one thing that separates Ferguson from the true great managers of the game - Chapman, Ramsey, Paisley, Stein, Nicholson, Shankly is his gutter-boy mentality and mouth.

He's a git, still bitter all these years after failing as a player at Ibrox, a sad man

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What a load of rubbish in this thread, Sir Alex Ferguson has earnt the right to voice his opinions through decades of hard work and unrivalled success. And he's spot on, Man City are trying to buy their way to the title by paying stupid money for players, and then paying them stupid wages (Adebayor £170,000 a WEEK?! Jesus...). He said the only reason players would go to City is for the money, which is spot on. They're not in Europe this season, they finished 9th last season, below Fulham for example!

The only thing I don't like about the rant is the blatant hypocrisy, it's not like Man Utd haven't been buying success for the last couple of decades. The Premier League is just a joke in general, so out of touch with reality.

Stumpy Tim

I quite like him actually. And he's right about Man City... they're a joke.

And if anyone honestly think City are going to challenge this season you're mental. Lost at Kaizer Chiefs yesterday FFS

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh come on, that bit about Adebayor is brilliant. Unsettling the big new signing by highlighting the fact that he's a mercenary twat who really wanted to go somewhere else. City fans won't be happy with that.

And there is truth in the 'small mentality' approach of only wanting to outdo your rivals rather than actually win things. When Ferguson himself arrived at United, they just wanted to beat Liverpol, and he gradually changed that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The one thing that separates Ferguson from the true great managers of the game - Chapman, Ramsey, Paisley, Stein, Nicholson, Shankly is his gutter-boy mentality and mouth.

He's a git, still bitter all these years after failing as a player at Ibrox, a sad man

I agree wholeheartedly, he has never managed to be gracious in victory or defeat, treats the press and media with contempt and has an awful "Do you know who I am " attitude.

He should never have been given a knighthood when more worthy role models in football were overlooked. Sir Bobby Robson and Sir Geoff Hurst waited far too long for knighthoods which were deserved by the spirit and way they conducted themselves.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Never said I thought they'd challenge this season Stumpy, but if he genuinely didn't think they posed any threat then he need say nothing. It's the potential threat they carry if they continue to buy quality players - that's been enough to set him off.

And Ninja, you got there before I did. Ferguson is in no position to rant about money when he simply offers huge sums of cash for other teams' best players (Rooney, Berbatov, Carrick, Ferdinand etc).

How else is any other middle ranking Premier league team going to break in? If they try to do it organically, build a team up and get in that way, along comes one of the big four and simply takes away the players that got them into the position to challenge in the first place, thereby maintaining the status quo. I wished Chelsea well when they were bought by Abramovich and they duly challenged Utd and won a couple of titles. Anybody else who does that is merely playing the financial field set by Utd and the like, IMHO.

Unsustainable of course, and it'll all implode horribly in the end, but complaining at clubs who merely want to be successful just as Utd have is utterly pointless.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I was taught as a kid if I had nothing good to say then say nothing. Ferguson is looked up to by more kids and young people than probably any other figure in British football, and how does he use this position? - by trash-talking every opponent he sees as a threat to Man U's hegemony. He's not the only one, but he's the biggest and worst.

What have Man City done to deserve this abuse? Nothing, they've come into money and are now buying football players to try and win trophies and be successful just like Ferguson's club, they haven't killed anybody, why not let your team do the talking on the pitch and leave the bullshit out? It's not as if you have anything to fear with a club the size of Man U. Even with all the success he still has an inferiority complex and needs to lash out at whoever happens to annoy him at the time. "Hair-dryer"? I'd beat the big red puffy face off of him if I was in his changing room and he tried that shite with me.

No class, that's his problem, winning trophies doesn't make you a better human being, he's a weegie corner boy, and never was anything else. He hasn't "earned the right" to slag off anybody, is it really necessary to talk shit about another team for no good reason? I'd love to see City duff him and his big-time charlies.

....rant over....:lol:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
He should never have been given a knighthood when more worthy role models in football were overlooked. Sir Bobby Robson and Sir Geoff Hurst waited far too long for knighthoods which were deserved by the spirit and way they conducted themselves.

Man U-tards say he got his knighthood for the treble. Under the old European Cup rules his team wouldn't even have been in Europe, they weren't champions that year. Where was Bob paisley's knighthood?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Man U-tards say he got his knighthood for the treble. Under the old European Cup rules his team wouldn't even have been in Europe, they weren't champions that year. Where was Bob paisley's knighthood?

I thought that knighthoods were awarded not simply on the basis of winning things, but more importantly, on the way people conducted themselves while doing it.
Remember, originally, a knighthood was awarded for chivalry, honour and virtue. not words one would associate with Mr.Fergusson.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Remember, originally, a knighthood was awarded for chivalry, honour and virtue. not words one would associate with Mr.Fergusson.

Well, on that basis you'd immediately strip Ian Botham and Nick Faldo of theirs as well, and God knows how many others.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
And there is truth in the 'small mentality' approach of only wanting to outdo your rivals rather than actually win things. When Ferguson himself arrived at United, they just wanted to beat Liverpol, and he gradually changed that.

So now he's attempting to stop City doing what he managed to do with United back in the 80s? That's magnaminous of him.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a load of rubbish in this thread, Sir Alex Ferguson has earnt the right to voice his opinions through decades of hard work and unrivalled success. And he's spot on, Man City are trying to buy their way to the title by paying stupid money for players, and then paying them stupid wages (Adebayor £170,000 a WEEK?! Jesus...). He said the only reason players would go to City is for the money, which is spot on. They're not in Europe this season, they finished 9th last season, below Fulham for example!

The only thing I don't like about the rant is the blatant hypocrisy, it's not like Man Utd haven't been buying success for the last couple of decades. The Premier League is just a joke in general, so out of touch with reality.

Well said.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well said.

I concur.

I also think it hilarious that Adebayor prostituted himself around United and Chelsea before going there, that just shows what teams top players want to play for, and also, that he is as greedy as anything by taking the money from City, when he obviously doesn't want to be there. Fergusson might be a twat at times, but I think he is spot on here. And let's face it, City and that billboard, they are no more grown up or less childish. It will come back and torture the players who have taken the money and gone to City, they will be remembered for their greed and little else. They certainly won't be collecting any winners medals with City on the engraving.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, on that basis you'd immediately strip Ian Botham and Nick Faldo of theirs as well, and God knows how many others.

Indeed there are several people I would never have given knighthoods to. Sir Ian would most certainly keep his due the the facts that A, his falls from grace were pretty minor and B, The huge amount of money he has raised for leukeimia research off his own back, as it were.

I heard an interview once with him in which he was asked how and why he started doing his famous walks. He said that a friend had a little boy who had been diagnosed with Leukemia and would he mind popping along to the hospital to try to cheer him up. When he got there he spoke to the kid and lots of the others as word spread that he was in the hospital. He did the usual signing autographs and posed for photo's with lots of kids.

He got talking to some of the doctors on the ward about the prognosis and treatment of the children and was totally shocked to be told that nine out of ten of the kids in the ward would die of the disease. He than asked what, if anything he could do to help and was told that money for research was short and therefore vital. Thats when he devised the sponsored walks and raised millions of pounds and awareness.

He said that his greatest achievements had not occurred on the cricket pitch but in raising enough money and awareness that now, nine out of ten kids survive Leukemia.

So, would you take his knighthood away ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Indeed there are several people I would never have given knighthoods to. Sir Ian would most certainly keep his due the the facts that A, his falls from grace were pretty minor and B, The huge amount of money he has raised for leukeimia research off his own back, as it were.

I heard an interview once with him in which he was asked how and why he started doing his famous walks. He said that a friend had a little boy who had been diagnosed with Leukemia and would he mind popping along to the hospital to try to cheer him up. When he got there he spoke to the kid and lots of the others as word spread that he was in the hospital. He did the usual signing autographs and posed for photo's with lots of kids.

He got talking to some of the doctors on the ward about the prognosis and treatment of the children and was totally shocked to be told that nine out of ten of the kids in the ward would die of the disease. He than asked what, if anything he could do to help and was told that money for research was short and therefore vital. Thats when he devised the sponsored walks and raised millions of pounds and awareness.

He said that his greatest achievements had not occurred on the cricket pitch but in raising enough money and awareness that now, nine out of ten kids survive Leukemia.

So, would you take his knighthood away ?

most certainly NOT the man is a national hero,whereas Ferguson Mr as someone else said rentagob I might have a little respect for the man if he had done something magnificent like take on a club with no money, no ground, no players and not much of a future, hang on a minute that was us 10 years ago.
He is an evil tempered man,who if the boot had hit Roy Keane would no doubt have eneded up in hospital and the man it did hit he got rid of mainly because he did not like the hero worship of Beckham and more importantly his wife although he does have one great trick he smiles while stabbing you in the back(or gets someone else to do it for him).
I used to like MU like a lot of other people be he and others have made them a machine ...a money making machine and unfortunately the rest of the premiership are aspiring to do the same.
real football is in the lower leagues.

Mar 13, 2008
I concur.

I also think it hilarious that Adebayor prostituted himself around United and Chelsea before going there, that just shows what teams top players want to play for, and also, that he is as greedy as anything by taking the money from City, when he obviously doesn't want to be there. Fergusson might be a twat at times, but I think he is spot on here. And let's face it, City and that billboard, they are no more grown up or less childish. It will come back and torture the players who have taken the money and gone to City, they will be remembered for their greed and little else. They certainly won't be collecting any winners medals with City on the engraving.
What about the banner at Old Trafford that says how many years city have gone without winning anything??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here