Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last night I was told to sit down

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Give the girl a break.

Has an albion flag hanging up in her bedroom. Went to the football with her dad and cousin. Didn't leave early, stayed to the bitterly cold end. Praised Knocky as she should.

Albion fans can't ALL be weird-looking middle-aged bennies.

Sake!

Well said, she obviously loves the Albion, only 17 and into video games. Where were girls like this when I was that age !! :wink:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
45 minutes. Why stay past halftime if you have to stand to see the pitch?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A sitting down thread! I just can't stop myself.

Seems to me there are folk other than in the North or SW corner that want to stand. And more than a share of the North Stand who bleat and whinge when folk around them stand. Why don't the sitters in the NS just move elsewhere at seasons end. Then those stuck in the East or elsewhere who want to watch their football the traditional way, on their feet shouting and singing their support, can take the sitters places. How hard can it be?

The sitters are far better catered for than the standers. So if you are in the NS and you don't like folk standing, you have options. Whining and screaming for a steward is pathetic. Just move! (And do it quick or your options may be limited come the end of the season)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A sitting down thread! I just can't stop myself.

Seems to me there are folk other than in the North or SW corner that want to stand. And more than a share of the North Stand who bleat and whinge when folk around them stand. Why don't the sitters in the NS just move elsewhere at seasons end. Then those stuck in the East or elsewhere who want to watch their football the traditional way, on their feet shouting and singing their support, can take the sitters places. How hard can it be?

The sitters are far better catered for than the standers. So if you are in the NS and you don't like folk standing, you have options. Whining and screaming for a steward is pathetic. Just move! (And do it quick or your options may be limited come the end of the season)

It's cheaper in the north stand. When people have limited budgets they want the cheapest seats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Same as some Upper West and SW corner.

That's not the issue though, people like to be amongst the atmosphere whilst not contributing to it.

Same old, same old. I sit down because I have to nowadays. BUT I do sing. There is a load of rubbish posted about not being able to sing whilst sitting down, which is untrue.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Same as some Upper West and SW corner.

That's not the issue though, people like to be amongst the atmosphere whilst not contributing to it.

Think this is a massive point. North Stand is nowhere near as loud as it used to be. Feel like less stand up too. People want to be in the singing section - but don't contribute.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think this is a massive point. North Stand is nowhere near as loud as it used to be. Feel like less stand up too. People want to be in the singing section - but don't contribute.

When we first moved into the Amex it was agreed that the back few rows could stand in the North. Now the standing extends down to the middle, so more are standing now than at first.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Oh I get a running commentary about decisions, free kicks etc a good 2-3 minutes after. Just don't get it. Your at the game so watch it. Record it at home if you wanna see it again. I have done that before. Friday was great to watch again as being in North couldn't see all the contentious issues

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Kind of staggered this is happening anywhere, but more so coz you're in the North stand.. :shootself

As to the girl in video, i cant be the only one thinking A: Is there really an audience for a Vlog like this (i.e just a fairly mundane snapshot of my and my families life) and who are they ? Assume weirdo's or friends who are already in her real time life.. and B: Holding your smart phone out on stick whilst parading the streets, is just ASKING for it to be stolen, surely..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is nothing against the OP, but we do have some very selfish fans.

I went to Fulham away, and moved right down to the front two rows as it was obvious it was going to be packed and most fans standing. There was also a Dad with his young son, who moved as the lad had a disability. Even then we had fans come in and stand in front of us. We both explained why we'd moved, but it wasn't until the stewards intervened, that we could actually watch the match. We both asked the fans in front of us politely if they would sit down, but refused to do so.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
This is nothing against the OP, but we do have some very selfish fans.

I went to Fulham away, and moved right down to the front two rows as it was obvious it was going to be packed and most fans standing. There was also a Dad with his young son, who moved as the lad had a disability. Even then we had fans come in and stand in front of us. We both explained why we'd moved, but it wasn't until the stewards intervened, that we could actually watch the match. We both asked the fans in front of us politely if they would sit down, but refused to do so.
Then they are complete a*seholes.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As to the girl in video, i cant be the only one thinking A: Is there really an audience for a Vlog like this (i.e just a fairly mundane snapshot of my and my families life) and who are they ?..

The most successful 'vloggers' are multi millionaires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here