Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I lurk on Owlstalk every now and then, it's very bi-polar depending how their last couple of games went but it's quite entertaining.

A busy forum attracts all sorts of oddballs, NSC has it's fair share.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I bought mine last night, when there was only two blocks available: WU6 and WU7. I'm working on the assumption that these were the only two blocks still available (disabuse me of this assumption if it's wrong) and, if this is the case, then owlstalk is wrong. Wrong on this, that is. It couldn't possibly be wrong on anything else :wink:
My ticket bought early Sunday is WU3, so we must have sold most of the allocation. Tickets for both games arrived this morning - so pretty efficient in spite of what some posters think.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It seems unlikely that we've only sold 'x' number of tickets, and even if we had, it's because
a) It's on a Friday evening with the M25/M1 traffic horrendous, and no trains home
b) It's our second long distance trip within 6 days
c) we've got another game on Monday

Why are fans trying to turn this into a 'my Dad's bigger than your Dad' contest? Does it make you feel superior/inferior? Have a word with yourselves.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Nothing wrong with Wednesday, looks like they've gone back to being more tradtional with their emblem, something i've wanted us to do. Should they overturn us I hope they go on and win at wembley. Shows it can be done without gambling by spunking tens of millions, breaking FFP or with the aid of parachutes.

They were very shrewd in the transfer market just as we were.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am sorry if it mislead you!

Not at all. It's rather factual and a little too correct for anyone who reads The Argus.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As someone on this thread already pointed out, that's how journalism works and quite frankly some of the amateur attempts at 'journalism' I've witnessed on football forums have been better than some of the crap churned out by National newspapers and other online news platforms. 

Agreed. There are a number of football 'blogs' that are a far better read than some of the tabloid fare.

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
If we lose to you over the next 2 games, i'm in for a very painful few years. The harassment by the two team Tony's will be unbearable :wink: I was lucky enough to only be 1 when lost the FA Cup Semi at Highbury.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing wrong with Wednesday, looks like they've gone back to being more tradtional with their emblem, something i've wanted us to do. Should they overturn us I hope they go on and win at wembley. Shows it can be done without gambling by spunking tens of millions, breaking FFP or with the aid of parachutes.

They were very shrewd in the transfer market just as we were.

If we did fall at this hurdle then I would back Wednesday. There is something about Derby County that never causes me to will them success. I don't know why either.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`d be surprised if we sell many.As others have said it`s friday evening 230 miles away and result tells us very little. I`ve spent £90 on my + sons tickets for home leg and will hopefully be spending more money on 28th.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
You are right. Not sure if we are getting WU 1/2 but 3/4/5 have sold and 6 has almost sold out.

hilsbro.png

WU6 has now sold out. Still seats in WU7, and seats now available in WU2.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What's not making much sense to me though is that according to Wiki the upper tier of the Leppings Lane end holds c4400. Something doesn't compute here.

Apparently the lower seats in upper tier are being netted off. This is so that they can have Wednesday fans in the lower tier.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's not making much sense to me though is that according to Wiki the upper tier of the Leppings Lane end holds c4400. Something doesn't compute here.

From a glance at Owlstalk, there's mention of netting off the first 10/15 rows for any/all of these reasons...

- Only giving us the smallest allocation possible
- Police/ local SAG regulations regarding crowd size/segregation.
- Giving the lower tier to SW fans and not wanting us lobbing things onto them.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
"initial allocation of 2,000" tickets. Perhaps Wednesday decided worth taking more of our money or SYP saw sense.

If netting off - perhaps explains why I am sitting in row 28!

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

I'd imagine it's because the're planning on selling the lower tier to Wednesday fans. Likely to have quite a few rows at the front of the Upper cordoned off.

Obviously, if someone is in possession of Row A tickets, then I'm wrong.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Apparently the lower seats in upper tier are being netted off. This is so that they can have Wednesday fans in the lower tier.

From a glance at Owlstalk, there's mention of netting off the first 10/15 rows for any/all of these reasons...

- Only giving us the smallest allocation possible
- Police/ local SAG regulations regarding crowd size/segregation.
- Giving the lower tier to SW fans and not wanting us lobbing things onto them.

Thanks chaps. Perhaps we can find similar ways to make it less hospitable for their mob. We really do give away fans far too easy a ride.

Wonder out of interest how the home ticket sales are going up there?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here