Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As well as the (perfectly reasonable) points being made about cost and scheduling - two away trips of that expense and time requirement in a week - there's also, I think, a reflection of the crushing disappointment on missing out on automatic promotion here. If we had, for example, snuck into the play-offs in the last minute a la Ulloa at Forest, I genuinely think there'd be more excitement about this fixture and we'd have sold it out.

As it is, I for example just couldn't find the motivation to drag myself up there, taking yet more time off work and spending more money I don't have, for a game about which I have no sense of optimism or excitement whatsoever.

As well as the (perfectly reasonable) points being made about cost and scheduling - two away trips of that expense and time requirement in a week - there's also, I think, a reflection of the crushing disappointment on missing out on automatic promotion here. If we had, for example, snuck into the play-offs in the last minute a la Ulloa at Forest, I genuinely think there'd be more excitement about this fixture and we'd have sold it out.

As it is, I for example just couldn't find the motivation to drag myself up there, taking yet more time off work and spending more money I don't have, for a game about which I have no sense of optimism or excitement whatsoever.

Looks like we have given up! Lets hope the team have more spirit:rolleyes:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At some point the factors of time and money will just come into it. To be honest after saturday I'd pretty much made my mind up to not go, I just couldn't face yet another long motorway trip and take yet another days holiday from work. If we were away for the second leg I'd be there in a shot but i just cannot motivate myself for the first leg at a ground I Ioathe when I can watch it in the pub instead.

I do feel like a bad fan but I also know that those who are going to the game will do us proud and give the team the backing they need. Onwards and upwards as they say!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

At some point the factors of time and money will just come into it. To be honest after saturday I'd pretty much made my mind up to not go, I just couldn't face yet another long motorway trip and take yet another days holiday from work. If we were away for the second leg I'd be there in a shot but i just cannot motivate myself for the first leg at a ground I Ioathe when I can watch it in the pub instead.

I do feel like a bad fan but I also know that those who are going to the game will do us proud and give the team the backing they need. Onwards and upwards as they say!

Both of these are where I am. I could go, and I do feel a bad fan for not doing so, but a local pub with mates and a curry after is what I need tonight, and then I'll be all set to do my bit on Monday, which is when it really matters.

I did offset some of my bad fan-ness by using my two season tickets to buy 2 Albion end tickets for tonight for someone who didn't qualify to buy any himself.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Both of these are where I am. I could go, and I do feel a bad fan for not doing so, but a local pub with mates and a curry after is what I need tonight, and then I'll be all set to do my bit on Monday, which is when it really matters.

I did offset some of my bad fan-ness by using my two season tickets to buy 2 Albion end tickets for tonight for someone who didn't qualify to buy any himself.

It's a drag and despite having the opportunity to work in Sheffield today I couldn't have got back at a reasonable time to take my u7 team to their tournament tomorrow. Also as we discussed pre the boro game, Hillsborough is a ground that holds no attraction for me. I've avoided sitting at that end for games I been to previously including the one all draw there in 1991.

So tonight I will watch on telly with my little family of albion fans. And on Monday all 5 of us will be at the Amex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I feel the same way, although as I'm retired the time factor doesn't come into it. Money does, as Boro was an expensive away day. This household has since bought two home tickets for Monday and at some point, we'd like to put food on our table this coming week.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Leaving in a bit for a steady journey up with refreshment breaks where pertinent. Was 50/50 as I do not feel tonight will be a footballing goalfest but decided to see it through.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The club should have laid on free coaches, really.

Is a big ask after last weekend's trip.

The only way I would have considered it, though even then I would have struggled to get time off work. Couldn't even get a day for Boro so had to do up and back on the Sat.

As it is I am slowly getting my mojo back for tonight's game. I've got three local mates coming round with their kids, we're going to have wine, beer, sausage rolls and cheese and make enough noise to disturb the neighbours. I actually prefer that idea to going to a ground that's miles away on a Friday night, where we have never won and where I always feel slightly uneasy sitting at "that" end,

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Leaving in a bit for a steady journey up with refreshment breaks where pertinent. Was 50/50 as I do not feel tonight will be a footballing goalfest but decided to see it through.

Oh yeah, and it will be 0-0 tonight. We all know that right?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Oh yeah, and it will be 0-0 tonight. We all know that right?

No idea, football is a funny old game.

score.JPG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I could have gone, no problem - even had work in the area that I could have scheduled, so the travel time, fuel, food, even a hotel would have been on work tab.

But, my mojo was ****ed around the time I needed to make the decisions, I'm uncomfortable with sitting in the LL (feels strange in there - really don't enjoy it) and I just generally HATE first-leg matches - they are almost without fail, shit.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
As it is I am slowly getting my mojo back for tonight's game. I've got three local mates coming round with their kids, we're going to have wine, beer, sausage rolls and cheese and make enough noise to disturb the neighbours.

That sounds great. What'll the adults be doing? :)

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Long way to go, a lot of money after boro/before wembley, another day off work and a hotel bill, and probably a crap cagey game to boot... but I appear to be on a train to St Pancras with a blue ticket in my bag...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here