Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laser Eye Surgery

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
watch out for sagging ...... a nasty side effect!

eyes.jpg

Jan 21, 2012
I had mine done nearly 9 years ago and the only problem i had was really dry eyes for about 6 months, other than that i would recommend it.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Had it done 11 years ago and my long vision is still excellent.

I'm 48 now and just wear glasses for very small print and even that is very rare.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not that handy when you don't live in Sussex.

But WHY are they better? What is better about them?

Price isn't necessarily an indication of quality, we just assume it is. I'm not saying they aren't better by the way, but if they claim they are then I want to know why.

Do you want me to have the surgery for you! I am trying to help you and posted the link for YOU to do the hard work as after all its your eyes and your money:facepalm:

And maybe i just presumed that as you posted on here you might be an Albion fan and thereby fairly good odds that you might live in Sussex:glare:

P.S. Just noticed your location says London so either way you are sorted.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you want me to have the surgery for you! I am trying to help you and posted the link for YOU to do the hard work as after all its your eyes and your money:facepalm:

And maybe i just presumed that as you posted on here you might be an Albion fan and thereby fairly good odds that you might live in Sussex:glare:

P.S. Just noticed your location says London so either way you are sorted.

No, and I am doing my own research, hence the original post. But you said to avoid one particular company and to use another, so I just wondered why!

In fact, actually, that is exactly what I want you to do, go and get it done and let me know how it goes, then I'll make my decision.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I heard a few of the Gully's Girls have volunteered to do yours Commander with a flame thrower!!! lolololol xxxx

I'm sure they are mature and forgiving enough to have accepted my full and unreserved apology that I made very shortly after my ill-advised comments.

However I would be more than willing to meet them to discuss. Xx

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A friend of mine has recently retired from her job as ward sister of the eye clinic in Eastbourne and I asked her about it a while back. She said that whilst there were no known problems, none of the eye consultants had had it done, preferring glasses. Their reasons being that there wasn't enough knowledge of what happens to the eyes when people get very old and have had it.
Another pal of mine is in his 60's and had his done primarily because he was having trouble reading his gauges/computer when scuba diving and he swears by it.
Whilst I haven't ruled it out, I have some reservations but every time I have an eye test I need a bit stronger presciption and I'm thinking I should wait until they have stabilised a bit.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I had it done about 9 years ago - best thing I ever did...!! I can't even remember who I used now, but I think it was Optimax, and it cost me £995 then for both eyes. Nothing wrong since.

And by the way, Opticians will advise against it, it puts them out of business...!

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Went through optimal 12 yrs ago. Very pleased with results although my eye sight has deteriorated in the last year or so back to what it was. Currently contemplating whether to have it done again or just go for contacts/glasses. Prices appear to of gone up a lot though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And by the way, Opticians will advise against it, it puts them out of business...!

This is very true and people seem to forget this. I asked an optician about it a couple of years ago and they said no, much better to get contact lenses. So I signed up to contact lenses and have been paying them £35 a month ever since. Unsurprising that they are keen for me to continue doing so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here