Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey- Bayern Munich

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Fact is Bayern are looking for a RB, and I also believe they have enquired about Lamptey. However I should imagine that is the end of the facts and the figures being quoted is the journalist putting some meat on the bones.

I will also hope they got told he isn't for sale and that's the end of it.

We do have to put up with this from now on though, our players are no longer under the radar. Damn you Potter! :lolol:

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Massive talent, and he will be off at some point but that's not yet. Enjoy him why he's around because this lad is world class.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
15 million Pounds cash plus swap for Lewandowski & Alphonso Davies, that should be our starting point, oh and one of those fancy new buy back clauses for Say... 1.5million euros.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Manchester Evening News wrote this in their match report :

"Wan-Bissaka, again, approached the final third as though it was a minefield and his unwillingness to attack was countered by Tariq Lamptey on the opposite side, who earned Brighton's penalty after Wan-Bissaka ceded possession.

Lamptey, formerly of Chelsea, cost Brighton £3million and is comfortably a superior attacker than the £50m Wan-Bissaka. You have to wonder who exactly made the United recruitment department's infamous mile-long list of 804 right-backs before they whittled it down to the obvious option."

Kid is sure on everyone's radar

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Where’s the “deluded Bayern Munich fans” thread?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It is a really good feeling that we have one of the best young players not just in the PL but possibly Europe and beyond. So much is being written about him in the press. If that Idiot doesn't get him the next England squad he needs sacking.

Thing of dreams that such big clubs are noticing our players and having an owner prepared to tell them to FOff

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is what we want guys.

We want a good, vibrant, exciting technical team that can tear up games in the PL? We’re naturally going to have bigger clubs sniffing around.

It’s a good thing. It’s preferable to being a backs to the wall 442 ageing side with players no one wants.

In short, with Ben White and others starting to get attention, this is a real sign of progress.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
He left the opportunity of CL football for game time and to develop. Don’t think he has developed that much in 12 games, to think he will get CL football at BM. Risk of bench warmer. End of season will be harder if he has continued to impress throughout

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is what we want guys.

We want a good, vibrant, exciting technical team that can tear up games in the PL? We’re naturally going to have bigger clubs sniffing around.

It’s a good thing. It’s preferable to being a backs to the wall 442 ageing side with players no one wants.

In short, with Ben White and others starting to get attention, this is a real sign of progress.

Really looking forwards to every game now, even a squad game tomorrow. A squad with depth who can give anyone a run for their money.

We need to get a few good results behind us.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
It is a really good feeling that we have one of the best young players not just in the PL but possibly Europe and beyond. So much is being written about him in the press. If that Idiot doesn't get him the next England squad he needs sacking.

Thing of dreams that such big clubs are noticing our players and having an owner prepared to tell them to FOff

Not a chance of the England squad, Southgate would sooner pick Gary Neville !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's hope he hasn't got an extremely greedy agent or a pushy parent - I honestly think he came to us for football reasons rather than chasing the money (though I've no doubt we pay him more in a week than many of us get in a year!) - and as a football career path his best move would be to stay with us for a season or two. Then a big money move (for both him and us) might well be on the cards.
Hope he stays.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Let's hope he hasn't got an extremely greedy agent or a pushy parent - I honestly think he came to us for football reasons rather than chasing the money (though I've no doubt we pay him more in a week than many of us get in a year!) - and as a football career path his best move would be to stay with us for a season or two. Then a big money move (for both him and us) might well be on the cards.
Hope he stays.

If the interest in him is to be believed when we got him, he chose us, for the reason he is now getting such a high press rating. He wanted to play, he is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
............... and back in the real world, have Barca put in a bid for Rushworth yet? (I thought he was excellent against Chelsea last week).

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
My point wasn't really that he'd leave, more that we'd have to look again at improving his contract

I'd have no problem with that, but the fact is that he has three years left on his current contract. I suppose we could sign him up to a five-year deal and give him an increase. Or we wait a season and sign him up for five years then, with an increase. He's done brilliantly, and let's hope he keeps this sort of performance going consistently. Will definitely have earned a decent increase!

And no, it's very unlikely that he has a buyout clause.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sky Sports have just reported it as well now, there’s no smoke without fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lies, damn lies and Sky Sports sources. All we need to prove once and for all what nonsense this is would be for Alan 'Boss of Goss' Nixon to report it.

Why do people pay any attention to this sort of rubbish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here