Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lampard to Everton?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He has ruined his chances from the start. Derby was not a great decision, and, despite their travails, he would have done better to stay and ride out a la Rooney. That would have given him street cred, just as his mate did at Rangers.

He comes over as frustrated, a complete contrast to Ice Man at Villa, who will undoubtedly take over from Klopp, and then England.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think you need to check your arithmetic - 3 wins and 2 draws will take them to 36 points.

We are on 33 ............................

I reckon the fella has added the 3 we'll get from Norwich home on Saturday week :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Everton fans will be thrilled with their progress under the England and Chelsea legend Frank Lampard. Having undoubtedly one of the all-time greats at the helm of their historic grand old team, marching down the tunnel onto the hallowed Goodison Park touchline - it is enough to inspire anyone - myself included.

Help, I've started posting like Crodonilson and now I can't stop.
Funny - I was thinking that even before I got to your final sentence!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
lamps is an awful managerial appointment. Just a big name player still cutting his teeth with no discernable style or tactical nouse.

Everton need someone with a proven record and experience

they should have got moyes back before he went to west ham or just stuck with benitez, but thought they were big time charlies with ancelotti

spot on, he's a disastrous appointment. He's tactically inept and after his interview on sunday, i would say he also doesn't have a clue how to manage players.

Very funny that everton fans violently protested against the appointment of a decent, experienced manager in pereira and actively pushed for the clueless lampard. They deserve relegation and a 4.0 cup thrashing at that toilet.

These.

All of his post-match comments seem to be absolving himself of any blame "It was like it when I got here" "I can't work miracles" "It's not the tactics, the players don't have the bo||ocks for it".

To me, he comes across as an arrogant prick with zero man-management strategy other than the 'shock' tactic of blaming the players to provoke a response. It's almost as if he learned from some kind of arrogant, toxic prick like Mourinho.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sutton’s slammed him on the beeb:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60829600

And rightly so; losing to Palace like they did at the weekend is disgraceful and utterly contemptible.

I took a look at their fixtures. They have 11 games left. To overhaul us, they need 3 wins and 2 draws to equal our points tally then need to outscore us in the other 6 games. For the 9 published fixtures that have left, I struggle to see where they can get a draw, let alone a win.

We should be finishing 10+ points ahead of this rabble. I’m looking forward to us extending the lead substantially.

I got it wrong. He has been a lot worse than I thought he would be. I'm glad I got it that way wrong.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lampard is a proud man withan excellent work ethic. Nobody could have predicted he'd have such an illustrious career for Chelsea, but he made the most of what talent he had.

Unfortunately for him, he's made the wrong choices in his management çareer - Derby apart.

I could see him being a success at a League 1 club like, say Sunderland, who have long since lost the wasters and show ponies and have had several seasons eating humble pie. I think they might be ready to knuckle down and with his contacts that could work out for him.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
delighted for Everton. entitled, arrogant fanbase backed by Putin and going down with the Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here