Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lampard to Everton?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will watch with interest if this happens. I would not want Fat Frank anywhere near the Albion so I fully expect him to under perform at a much bigger club.

theboybilly

I'm no fan of Aston villa but I'm really not sure how anyone could say Villa Park isn't an old school style ground with a wealth of history

Because none of Villa Park is pre-1970s. All of Archibald Leitch's work has gone - knocking the grand old Trinity Road Main Stand was, to me, nothing short of vandalism. Villa Park is all breeze-block and concrete now.

Edit: The oldest part of VP is the Witton Road stand. Nobody in their right mind could say that was' old school' surely

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
reckon Frank may surprise a few re how well he does in long run at Everton

But "long run" at Everton is till the end of the season. If he hasn't improved them massively by then he will surely get the boot and they will go begging the old whore shagger to climb on board another old bint in need of one up the jacksy.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
At least we've got them out of the way this season......no new manager bounce........oh, we've got Watford coming up with Woy !!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s a good manager, has a genuine love for the game and did quite well at both clubs he managed.
I’d have him at Brighton (another time)and he’d be a sensible appointment for Everton.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because none of Villa Park is pre-1970s. All of Archibald Leitch's work has gone - knocking the grand old Trinity Road Main Stand was, to me, nothing short of vandalism. Villa Park is all breeze-block and concrete now.

Edit: The oldest part of VP is the Witton Road stand. Nobody in their right mind could say that was' old school' surely

Just to remind you that 1970 was 50 years ago!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
See rumours that Everton are attempting to hijack the Manchester United to Palace loan deal for Van de Beek.

Whoever gets him has to pay his £120,000 weekly wage, and a loan fee.

Fat Frank wants him at the Toffees.

It’s Fabrizio Romano reporting it, so it’s probably true.

Have Manure stated a club has to pay those?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's not in a rush to accept the offer then? Would be funny if he turned it down, leaving them to face a possible shit-storm from the fans if they then appoint Vitor Pereira!

theboybilly

Just to remind you that 1970 was 50 years ago!!

I expected this reply but you must see what I am trying to say. Villa Park, as much as I love visiting it, and yes it does still stand on the original footprint, it is just a series of cheaply built stands using modern materials.
I went with a Spurs, supporting mate to an FA Cup semi-final when Lineker played for Leicester. We were in the top tier of the Witton Lane Stand and it was almost new. I looked out at a Villa Park with the low stand up one side, the glorious Trinity Road Main Stand and at the other end the magnificent and absolutely huge Holte End. Proper three-quarters 'Old School' that. And there were many more grounds like that but they have largely disappeared. Of course the Taylor Report has done for a lot of them.

He's not in a rush to accept the offer then? Would be funny if he turned it down, leaving them to face a possible shit-storm from the fans if they then appoint Vitor Pereira!

Can only assume the details being sorted backroom staff he wants and all that. But, as you say it's not done and dusted just yet and it doesn't appear that he's jumped at the chance just yet!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Assumed they would have wanted this all tied up with at least a few days left in the transfer window...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Looking like Everton have singed VDB.

A0A97072-DAD1-4AB7-A21D-F8E1D9923B1B.png

Unlucky, Palace.

Edit: Confirmed.

Last edited:

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
5Live interviewed David Ornstein of The Athletic about this earlier.

He said it was his understanding that Rooney turned down the opportunity to be part of the interview process, with the inference that he found that a bit insulting. Ornstein made it pretty clear that the view is had Rooney been offered the actual job rather than simply an interview, he would have accepted it.

Who knows? :shrug:

Oh no, I thought , 'theres a nice feel good story' now my chips are soggy and inedible :ban:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here