Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana plays v Forest - RDZ

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
With City on Saturday I wonder if he might switch things round a little to give some players a bit of a break

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Everyone seems to assume Gross will miss out. It could be Mac,he had a shocker Friday by his standards. It could be both!!
trouble with Gross, when he's bad he exposes a lot of weaknesses. not had many off days for a while fortunatly. if we want to restore confidence the obvious sacrifice to make.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My guess is at the expense of Pervis.

Sanchez
Veltman, Webster, Dunk, March
Caicedo, MacAllister
Gross, Lallana, Trossard
Welbeck

...maybe.
I think Lamptey may come in with us playing a 3 with him and March as wing backs and Groß dropping to the bench

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If the question is - ‘how are we going to score more goals?’

Adam Lallana’s March-like finishing is not the answer.
It's a funny old game.

Did you see Maupay's display for Everon at the weekend. He literally had no touches (that I saw).

See you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With Lallana's inclusion could we see a change in formation.. maybe playing a 4-2-3-1.
As I posted once, about 15 years ago, I favour 4, 4, 3.

I'm sure it would be allowed. :cool:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With City on Saturday I wonder if he might switch things round a little to give some players a bit of a break
In that case, play the best eleven (unless there's fitness issues) tomorrow and rest some blokes against City, IMO... There's a good chance to win one of these games and there's very, very limited chances of winning the other, so I'd say go all in for the first one.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Feel a bit sorry for Gross - he'd just hit a purple patch under Potter.
I think it interesting that at the start of the season he seemed to be playing further forward, hence getting into better shooting positions. Last few games, he's hasn't really got into a dangerous area at all.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good to give Gross a rest I suppose, but I'm not convinced we'll see any more than the usual pretty patterns that Lallana offers. Not convinced they particularly help the team though.
I didn't listen closely to the press conference, but didn't hear RDZ saying that Lallana was coming in for Gross. I heard the Lallana bit, but not the Gross bit -- or was that stated when I wasn't listening?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Gross sums up Albion really, I think he plays better the better the oppo, because he needs space, he struggles against teams that deny him any space and just look to block us, essentially sums up the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here