Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana plays v Forest - RDZ

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The other selection news is that JVH, Colwill and Mitoma all have injuries/knocks. So won't be in the squad. "Young" Ed Turns appears to be the only fit Centre Half in the squad. (he's 5 months older than Levi Colwill)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When Lallana is on it and gets a run of games he has been great. If he is fit I am happy with this. Have a feeling Gross might not flourish under RDZ in the way he did under Potter. It took Potter a couple of seasons to use Gross in the best way.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
When Lallana is on it and gets a run of games he has been great. If he is fit I am happy with this. Have a feeling Gross might not flourish under RDZ in the way he did under Potter. It took Potter a couple of seasons to use Gross in the best way.
Agree. It seems that RDZ tactics demand the ball is moved faster and Gross has always needed a bit more time than most.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The other selection news is that JVH, Colwill and Mitoma all have injuries/knocks. So won't be in the squad. "Young" Ed Turns appears to be the only fit Centre Half in the squad. (he's 5 months older than Levi Colwill)
So he doesn't count Offiah as a central defender ... interesting.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good, exactly the change I would make. Gross has not looked in good in RDZ's 3 games so far and for RDZ's tactics to work, I believe he needs that third body in central midfield to offer more protection and receive the ball centrally from the centre backs. Lallana is really suited to this style with his ability to take the ball on the half turn in tight spaces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here