Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana - out for rest of season

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
For none Athletic subscribers:

De Zerbi is keen to keep Lallana involved and wants him to agree a contract for next season.

The Seagulls boss said: “I want Lallana with me, 100%, but I already spoke with Tony (Bloom, chairman) and told him to extend his contract.

“Adam helps not only me, not only coaches, but also players, the young players.

“His importance is on the pitch but also off the pitch.”

De Zerbi had already revealed Lallana had a “big” injury which could rule him out for months.

The initial indication after he limped off at Leicester was for a relatively short lay-off.

But De Zerbi said on Saturday: “I don’t know but it can be he has finished the season.

“It is bad news for us because Adam is one of the most important players for us.

“We can win without Adam, but he is important for us.

“The medical team told me the possibility to play in this season is not so good.”

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
End of debate then.

If he is on say £3m a year RDZ clearly thinks in a league of marginal gains he is worth every £ for what he brings on and off the pitch, we do look a much better team with him on the pitch, but the role he can play in ensuring his successor is in place could equally be invaluable.

24 other squad places plus a plethora of Under 21s, we can afford this luxury, just gutted he is not available for the rest of this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So he’s not definitely out for the season then?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It’s possible that we’ll only need one new midfielder purchase.

I’m a big Alzate fan and think that he can take Lallana’s role. Moder and Ayari can fight over Mac’s deeper playmaker role whilst Sarmiento or Buenonotte can compete for his No.10 position.

That just leaves a replacement for Caicedo. Perhaps Amadou Haidara or Maxime Lopez?

Kinda. It's wishful thinking to think a midfield of Ayari, Alzate and Buenonotte can hit anywhere near the levels of Mac, Moises and Lallana NEXT season. Also expect Gross will still be playing more often than not next year.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It would be a big boost to have him back for the final few games. Given the time he’s been out, I can’t see Moder featuring until next season, but Lallana is a brilliant option in midfield and before his injury was in RDZ’s first-choice 11.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It would be a big boost to have him back for the final few games. Given the time he’s been out, I can’t see Moder featuring until next season, but Lallana is a brilliant option in midfield and before his injury was in RDZ’s first-choice 11.
Definitely - put Ale Mac back with Moises and have Adam in front of them orchestrating imo……..

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Definitely - put Ale Mac back with Moises and have Adam in front of them orchestrating imo……..
And dare I say it, if we were to win next weekend, I think that midfield three would give us our best (although admittedly still fairly slim) chance of beating City in the final. Either way, it would be massive for the squad and regardless of results, I love watching him play!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Would be massive to have him back for the last few weeks, absolute class.

Mac and Caicedo in the double pivot and Lallana ahead of them is when we’re at our best, peak De Zerbi ball. Not to mention the know how, leadership and experience he brings to the team.
And Pascal plays right back no doubt😊. Pascal ALWAYS plays

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
And Pascal plays right back no doubt😊. Pascal ALWAYS plays
This is the conundrum
If you play Ali Mac, Moises, Mitoma & March plus Lallana AND Gross, unless we go 3 at the back it's Veltman who makes way.

This makes an easy 60 min sub switch when Lallana is knackered mind, just move Mac forward and Gross into midfield.

Looking at Lallana's movement and involvement in the training clip yesterday, he's getting close to a return. Didn't see him sprint mind ...

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
This is the conundrum
If you play Ali Mac, Moises, Mitoma & March plus Lallana AND Gross, unless we go 3 at the back it's Veltman who makes way.

This makes an easy 60 min sub switch when Lallana is knackered mind, just move Mac forward and Gross into midfield.

Looking at Lallana's movement and involvement in the training clip yesterday, he's getting close to a return. Didn't see him sprint mind ...
He doesn't need to sprint...He glides or walks on water...unless he's on the physio bench!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought the thread title was misleading when I first saw it.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
To be fair to the OP The manager himself did suggest Adam would miss the rest of the season,I'd still be surprised to see him start a game this season but it's looking good for a spot on the bench perhaps if he doesn't get any bad reactions whilst training again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here