Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Sullivan

Votes: 80 70.2%

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Funny how 3 months ago sullivan was at best a dodgy back up to kuipers now he is gordon banks,the lad wasnt a shyte keeper he just hadnt been believed in or given a chance,kuipers has proved to be a loyal and more important good keeper for us and is not ready for the knackers yard just yet,but i honestly believe that in sullivan we have a very very good keeper who will go on to play a much higher standard of football in the years to come,he is a raw talent and MA will have seen by now that it will be a hard choice between the two,i dont know for sure how long sullivan has been waiting for his chance but good on him for taking up the challenge and doing the best he can to keep his place,he is 20 imagine how good he will be in 3 or 4 seasons,so for me right now if fit its Kuipers.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Funny how 3 months ago sullivan was at best a dodgy back up to kuipers now he is gordon banks,the lad wasnt a shyte keeper he just hadnt been believed in or given a chance,

I honestly believe the Shrewsbury game was a turning point for him, He started the game like he had a point to prove and he is proving it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sullivan - cant complain at what he has done, and deserves to keep his place

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm Kuipers second biggest fan (behind The Complete Badger). However I don't think Sully has done anything in the last few games to suggest he should be dropped, in fact quite the opposite! I'm all for a 'keep the shirt' policy, and therefore I think it's only right Sully remains between the sticks.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right now Sully and although I think this is a logical decision I am astounded that Sully is winning... maybe there are less blind Kuipers-lovers out there than I thought there were.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In the long-run it has to be God, but for now God-in-waiting is doing no wrong and can't be dropped.

I agree with this sentiment.

Sully cannot be dropped whilst in his current form. Also, I am ure thast Kuipers will need a reserve game or two before he is 100% ready for first-team action. Also, I agree with the comments above about Shrewsbury being the turning point.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sullivan on the basis he is playing well at the moment and should therefore keep the shirt

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
If Sullivan maintains his standards for the rest of the season, he's going to be hot property come the summer. Age 20 (is that really true? He seems to have been around for ages) is a very young age for a keeper to be showing such composure. He's got time on his side and I would not be surprised if a top premiership club considered him a long term prospect worth paying a substantial fee for. As things stand he has to be first choice over FDM.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Sullivan is a better all-round keeper. His shot stopping may not quite be as good as Kuipers', but his distribution, handling from crosses and organisation are better. And he can kick it MILES...

...if only our players cottoned on to that last fact.

At the moment his distribution is not better than Kuipers because, although his kicking technique is far better, his range finding is awful. Too many kicks straight to the oppostion keeper or out for a throw. That can be coached out of him, I'm sure.

As for the poll, I'm happy with either and that's a really good position for us to be in.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Right now Sully and although I think this is a logical decision I am astounded that Sully is winning... maybe there are less blind Kuipers-lovers out there than I thought there were.

The problem with that is I can see some blind Sully-lovers developing! He is still very young and who knows if he will carry on improving to be top class?

And when he has a poor game or two, as he inevitably will, I hope that he won't be pilloried. At his age it wouldn't be a surprise, or the end of the world to be dropped and fight for his place again.

I think we should all be open-minded about both of them and not fall into the trap of extreme views for or against either.

I'm enjoying the fact that, whoever is picked, I'll be comfortable with either.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FDM - experience required in our situation...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Sullivan maintains his standards for the rest of the season, he's going to be hot property come the summer. Age 20 (is that really true? He seems to have been around for ages) is a very young age for a keeper to be showing such composure. He's got time on his side and I would not be surprised if a top premiership club considered him a long term prospect worth paying a substantial fee for. .

They wouldn't need to pay a 'substantial fee'*. He's out of contract at the end of the season. This is something that the club should be sorting out sharpish.

[*They'd have to pay 'compensation' because he's under 23, but those tribunals can be pretty random in their assesments]

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
They wouldn't need to pay a 'substantial fee'*. He's out of contract at the end of the season. This is something that the club should be sorting out sharpish.

[*They'd have to pay 'compensation' because he's under 23, but those tribunals can be pretty random in their assesments]

True, the club really need to pull their finger out with this one. Surely we aren't going to release him on a free so why not offer him a deal now?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
True, the club really need to pull their finger out with this one. Surely we aren't going to release him on a free so why not offer him a deal now?

Maybe the club are waiting untill the end of the season to see what league we are in.No point paying league 1 wages if we are in league 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports