Kuipers: a Brighton & Hove Albion legend

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Bloody decent bloke - have met him on a few intoxicated occasions, one time being round a poker table in Brighton Marina at 3am and despite probably boring him senseless for 20 mins he was just glad to chat footy and about some of the classic games from the past 10 years.

Legend.

:albion2:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He's no better than Murray, gone on to play for our most local rivals. Probably the most over rated keeper ever to play for Brighton and one that I hope never dons a Brighton top ever again. It's no coincidence that our defenders came on leaps & bounds when he was got rid of. As a defender it must be really nice to know that you're not gonna get bollocked for every mistake the goalkeeper makes.

Personally I know stewards who are more worthy of a testimonial than Kipper.

You have never had a good word to say about him and its frankly boring. Even the biggest moron would admit he was a great servant. Did he shag your wife or something? Or were you shagging Ben Roberts?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He's no better than Murray, gone on to play for our most local rivals. Probably the most over rated keeper ever to play for Brighton and one that I hope never dons a Brighton top ever again. It's no coincidence that our defenders came on leaps & bounds when he was got rid of. As a defender it must be really nice to know that you're not gonna get bollocked for every mistake the goalkeeper makes.

Hook. Line. Sinker. Well played, Sir.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He was offered a coaching role I believe when Brighton found him in excess to playing needs and he wanted to play on and he is a top guy for making his choice which seems to be the right one. However when he does finally retire I seriously hope he is offered a position or capacity at our club, I really can't think of anyone more deserving of it in the modern football era. The club needs people like him.

Word perfect sir. Very well put.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

You utter cock.

You are allowed to start your own thread you know, if this one doesn't fall within your 'look at me' remit.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

That is a great example of seeing something from an angle that bucks the conventinal wisdom, well played. I don't think anyone can have a pop at chez for expressing what are his opnions. He hasn't made up or claimed facts or said anything remotely libellous. I don't agree with his opinions (the bit about bollocking defenders apart) but a refreshing read all the same.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

You bored & after a wind up?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:rolleyes:

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
i love michel, proper gent. In the play off winning season i met him after a game and said 'could i have your gloves please mate' and he said at the end of the season so i (aged12) wrote him a letter saying how id asked and he was a legend etc etc and never expected a reply until he wrote back saying he couldnt give away his gloves as he was on the bench for the final against bristol city but DID say how much he valued the fans and to never stop supporting. Oh and he also sent me his shirt from an earlier game signed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports